Knips178's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, February 13th, 2013 5:22 PM

How do I resume premium movies quickly?

I've noticed that when I start playing a movie from one of the Premium channels that the only way to resume play of that movie later is to navigate through the multiple menus to find that movie and hit play.  When I was on Charter there was a simple section labeled 'Rentals' that would show anything I'd been watching over the last 24hrs.  It was easy to just navigate there and resume whatever I was watching.

Is there a quick way to resume previously viewed content and pickup where you left off?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Knips178 - Here is something you can try that is based on how recordings behave.

Recordings are on channel 9999 you can get to "stopped" recordings by entering 9999 or last if it was the last channel you were on - or from the guide or from the favorites guide.

On - demand is on channel 1. After stopping a movie and watching something else - see if entering a 1 from the number pad takes you back to the movie.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

So channel 9999 would only show recordings.  If I navigate Menu, Premiums, HBO HD, Battleship, Play then stop half way through, go do something and want to resume it on another TV, I should do what?

It's not a recording so I wouldn't expect it to show up on 9999.  If I go to Channel 1 I would expect the default On Demand screen to show up asking me to press OK.

This seems like the kind of thing many people before me would've come across.  Right now it sounds like the best solution is to go to the new TV and navigate through all those menus to the same movie and press Play to watch it.

Regardless,  Thanks for the quick answer

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I have never tried it but follow Aviewer's advise and press stop on the one TV, then do whatever you need to, then go to the new TV and go to channel 1.  That should be your movie you were watching.

This is the way it used to work, but I have notcied that the "Premium On-Demand" menu has changed and is now more of a GUI type interface rather than a list like it used to be so it might be operate different now. 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Knips178 - Well, I admit I do nt know how it will work. I am guessing based on experience with recordings - expecting the on-demand to be held in the buffer.

If no recording is stopped, I get the main DVR screen. If a recording is stopped it goes right in to the show.

You have to try it on channel one to see if it works the same.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I'll give it a try tonight and update this thread tomorrow with I what I find.

Thanks

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

I am also not sure if aviewer's technique would work (I'm on the road) but that was going to be my suggestion.

I'm not even sure if you have to press stop.

While watching your movie, simply change channels by pressing, say 6-0-2.

When you are ready to resume the Premium VoD title, press 1 on your remote.  If our technique works, the movie should start playing with no further intervention.

We discovered (actually my wife did, last year) by shutting off the TV while a recording was playing and later entering 9999.  It restarted the recording.  Hopefully 9999 (Recordings) and 1 (VoD) work the same.  Now, if someone else watches another VoD title, it will gum up the works.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

I did try it & it did work. I also, looked at chan 1 on another STB & it shows an on-demand/press OK screen, Just like the recordings screen.

In the same area - there is a new string complaining about an interactive version - http://forums.att.com/t5/Applications/Interactive-feature-for-on-demand/m-p/3428603
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.