ssasser's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 3:42 PM

How do I record a whole series instead of episode by episode?

I want to talk to a live person that knows something about the setup on ATT U-verse.  I just had installed Friday and I'm already disappointed.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Do I have an easy way for you!!  When you go to the show, as in your example, NCIS, you press the record button once to record that episode.  Simply press the record button twice instead of once and it will automatically set up a series recording.  Once that's done you can go into that series recording and edit whether you want it to record re-runs and new or only new, add extra time to the recording set up, etc.  Give it a try.

Here is an article that has a video on how to use the DVR: https://getsocial.att.com/docs/DOC-1313

If there is anything else let us know!!

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

If you would post your questions or concerns we might be able to help and if not one of the community managers will for sure be able to get whatever is bothering you taken care of.  They will even call you if need be.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

When you are recording, are you only recording one event at  time?  How do you set up to record a show/series multiple weeks, so far I can only record one show in a series, then set the record each and every time.  Example; NCIS on specific night.  I set recorder that day to record, then I must wait for the next week or time and set it again.  With my previous service, I could ask to record all new shows in that series at one time.  Sorry if this is confusing, it's confusing to me. 

I don't want to post to everyone and have all my information out in the universe.

Sandy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Yea, thank you so much for your quick answer, I didn't see that part of the instructions.

Can you also tell me if there is a timer set up on the remote to shut off the TV after a certain period of time?

I promise that is my last question....today!

Sandy

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

No ma'am there is no timer to turn off the U-verse box, however after about 8 hours it will go into standby mode on it's own as long as no interaction with the box has been made, such as changing a channel, looking at the guide, etc.

You might want to check your TV for the feature you are wanting.  Some have what your looking for.  I know my Sony does.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Excellent idea,

thanks again for your help.

Sandy

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

that only works if the program has the same title, like a series, but if its a weekly movie hosted by a host and the same day each week, the movie titles changes, it does not automatically record it like a series. Has there been a solution to this issue?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

The DVR responds to the information on the Guide.  If the program does not have a consistent title then, no, the DVR doesn't recognize it as a series.

Survivor (CBS) is a good example of this.  Each season the title changes just a bit:  Survivor: Cambodia, Survivor: Game Changers, Survivor: Ghost Island.  It's always on Wed. nights on CBS at 7:00pm CST but the DVR doesn't recognize it as a series so each season, you have to go in there & set it up as a "new" series record.

It is what it is.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.