MrSchmidt's profile

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

Sunday, January 12th, 2014 10:08 PM

How do I get rid of SD channels completely?

I don't ever want to view any SD channels ever again. I've had an HD TV for over ten years now...it's time to move on, but I can't. Uverse keeps getting in my way. Here's how:

1. I remove all SD channels from the guide but UVerse keeps adding more channels, including ones that I can't hide. This is a battle I'm losing. No matter what I do, I keep seeing SD channels in my guide. To make matters worse, they are at the top of the guide. 

2. The mobile app doesn't remember the HD setting so it inevitably shows me SD shows. When I'm on top of my game, I remember to hit the Filter button and tap "HD Channels Only" so I'm good. 25% of the time (100% during NFL playoffs), I'm dumb and forget to do that so I record SD channels. 

AT&T, PLEASE give me the option to disable SD everywhere. I don't want it anymore.

Failing that, could you at least have the app remember the setting so I don't have to select it every time?

Am I the only one?

Scholar

• 

373 Messages

10 years ago

Also.. look up rumor... this story comes around every year to year and a half.   It would seem interest is always there, but never a reason (or the cash) to pull the trigger.  

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

@bri_man_65 wrote:

Also.. look up rumor... this story comes around every year to year and a half.   It would seem interest is always there, but never a reason (or the cash) to pull the trigger.  

I think the difference this time is the planned Comcast/TWC merger (if approved) and how much of the pie that pairing will be getting.

Former Employee

• 

66 Messages

10 years ago

Since I am in a non-AT&T area, I can not get U-verse.  I do have Directv.  Directv lets you choose what channels you actually want to watch.  It is listed a favorites.  You can set up 3 different favorite settings on each TV.  I actually have one set up to show my regular everyday channels and one with just the premiur movie channels (such as HBO) that I select when there is a free weekend. 

The only problem with this is if Directv adds or moves that channel I have listed in my favorites I do not know it until I go to watch that channel.  We have a Directv plan that gives you 200+ channels, but I have only about 100 listed.  Most of the channels I removed were the shopping, other than english, or infomerical channels.

My son has all his sports and teenager channels on his TV.  My mom has all the channels, because she does not want to set up favorites.  It is a pain that each tv needs their own setting, but it is also good because each tv needs their own setting.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

@flutist1963 wrote:

Since I am in a non-AT&T area, I can not get U-verse.  I do have Directv.  Directv lets you choose what channels you actually want to watch.  It is listed a favorites.  You can set up 3 different favorite settings on each TV.  I actually have one set up to show my regular everyday channels and one with just the premiur movie channels (such as HBO) that I select when there is a free weekend. 

The only problem with this is if Directv adds or moves that channel I have listed in my favorites I do not know it until I go to watch that channel.  We have a Directv plan that gives you 200+ channels, but I have only about 100 listed.  Most of the channels I removed were the shopping, other than english, or infomerical channels.

My son has all his sports and teenager channels on his TV.  My mom has all the channels, because she does not want to set up favorites.  It is a pain that each tv needs their own setting, but it is also good because each tv needs their own setting.

Uverse has the same sort of thing: Personal favorites.  The main complaint w/Uverse is that it takes numberous button presses to get to it.

Former Employee

• 

66 Messages

10 years ago

Directv is the same way.  Off the top of my head, it is like 3 or 4 buttons.  I only do it maybe once or twice a year.  I may add a new channel, but most of the time I forget.

If the merger(???) happens, maybe we can some of the Uverse channels here in PA.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

If you look at the AVS forum for HD channels, you'll see that DirecTV would gain more HD channels from AT&T than vice versa, but the few that AT&T gains would be the biger channels to recieve. 

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@americangame wrote:

If you look at the AVS forum for HD channels, you'll see that DirecTV would gain more HD channels from AT&T than vice versa, but the few that AT&T gains would be the biger channels to recieve. 

I can only think of two that are the most talked about for UVerse, NHL and Hallmark, otherwise UVerse has more.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I just switched to U-verse, and I agree there should be a way to hide SD as others have mentioned.  With Dish I could select to display SD channels only if there wasn't an HD version, and they shared channel numbers so everything was "in order".  Also, you chould choose a guide with only your subscribed channels but when a free preview (HBO, etc.) was available, those channels would appear in that guide for the duration of the preview.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

You can hide channels, SD or otherwise: Menu > Options > Channel Options > Hide Channels.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, but it requires manually checking each channel you want to hide.  With Dish, there was a menu setting to automatically hide all SD channels that had HD equivalents

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.