robdest's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013 2:08 PM

How do I change between HDMI 2 and HDMI 1 on my ATT remote?

How do I change between HDMI 2 and HDMI 1 on my ATT remote?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

no, I am saying that I cannot get my iPad to communicate through an HDMI cable with our Sony LCD TV. I thought the HDMI needed to be changed from 1 to 2. This is to primarily use it to stream Netflix... the iPad is recognized in other ways just not connected with the HDMI cable. We are on Wifi.

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

kymillie - I thought the HDMI needed to be changed from 1 to 2.

If you have U-verse STB connected on TV input HDMI 1 and The IPad wired from its special connector (version 1 or 2) to HDMI2, you will watch one or the other by selecting the correct input with the remote.

The ipad connection to the STB via w-fi is for controlling the STB and `u-verse TV apps such as live watching on the ipad. It does not connect to the TV.

If you wire the ipad to the TV as described above and play u-verse live on the ipad, you will be blocked because it is not allowed.

You can watch netflix tuned by the ipad app delivered to the TV on wired HDMI cable as described above.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

That is my problem. The iPad is wired to the TV correctly via adapter but I cannot figure out how to change the Input with the remote. Have followed the remote's directions but nothing happens.

✰*⌒*✰‿✰*⌒*✰‿✰*
Millie, from my iPad
✰*⌒*✰‿✰*⌒*✰‿✰*

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

kymillie - If you post your TV make/ model, I will look up the manual & say how to do it with the TV remote.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

The remote works fine with the TV, which is a Sony Bravia LCD Digital color TV, it just does not let me change input. The remote was set up by the U-verse installer guy last year and with U-verse apps, the iPad will communicate (I can use the guide, change channels, show my photos, etc. from the ipad) under Wifi, but using the HDMI cable, I cannot change the input to watch Netflix on the TV. Perhaps my HDMI cable is faulty. But even if that was so, I should be able to change the input with the remote since it works fine otherwise. Sigh....

[Edited to comply with Guidelines removed link to Avast]

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

kymillie - I think your last post does not say whether or not you can change the input with the TV remote. If there is physical problem with the cable, you would at least see a graphic on the screen.

Another thing you can do is unplug the u-verse feed from HDMI1 and plug in the ipad in HDMI1 to see if it works. If it works it is not the cable. You can plug u-verse into #2 & select it with the tV remote. If it does not work, it would be a bad input on the TV.

IF everything else works except the u-verse remote will not allow you to change HDMI inputs on the TV, you need to try all the other codes to see if there is one that works. The installer stopped when he found a code that supports the basic functions. You need to keep going to see if there is a more robust code.

I believe, you never mention the TV remote. You do have it? IT would be a lot easier to verify that everything else works if you use the TV remote. Then it is a matter of finding the right code for the u-verse remote.

If you cannot find a code that includes changing HDMI input get this remote - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Ok. Thanks. I am almost afraid to try that but might try a different code., but will probably end up just watching Netflix on the iPad. I am on the one month free trial thing since in the summer, not much to watch (even with hundreds of stations), at least the shows that I like. And I was curious about House of Cards. 🙂

[Edited to comply with Guidelines removed link to Avast]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Just had my AT&T u-verse installed today. Remote and tv work great. Just can't figure out how to change input to hdmi 2, DVD, or game system. Tried pushing tv button and then tv/video to no avail. Anyone know what I can do??

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

I finally gave up and just change the input using the buttons on the TV itself. I THINK when the tech set up our remote to function with our brand TV, he used the first compatible number that worked and did not try others that would have more functions. That is just a guess, but now I am used to that method of changing the input.... Millie

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Well I let me 10 yr old give it a shot and she figured it out. Go to menu--help--remote settings and do manual input code until you find the right one. It was very easy and we got it going in under 5 minutes Millie
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.