robdest's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013 2:08 PM

How do I change between HDMI 2 and HDMI 1 on my ATT remote?

How do I change between HDMI 2 and HDMI 1 on my ATT remote?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

When I need to change mine I press the "TV" button one time then press the "TV/Video" button to bring up my TV's video selection menu.  I can then scroll up and down using the arrow up and down keys above and below the "OK" button.  When I find the input I want I press the "OK" button.  Just remember if you want your regular remote functions to resume press the "AT&T" button on the top left one time.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

That was it! Thank you so much.

I had to call tech support and they had me change it through my TV remote.

Really??? I'm a new- Verse customer from DTV and I knew you had to be able to use AT&T remote. Even 411 videos pass by this. Thanks again.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Your welcome!!  If you have any more questions or operational issues feel free to stop back by and someone here will always be able to help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have remote model# s10-s3. Used your solution and when try to change input using the arrows, all I get is channel change NOT input change. Solution?

Thanx

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Dsatlof - If the menu navigation arrows change the channel, what does the chan up down do? Some TVs use the buttons around the OK for chan & volume instead of menu navigation.

You can try all the buttons to see what each does. Some TVs accept multiple inputs of the TV/video button to move the cursor on the selection menu.

If you post your TV model, I will look up your remote.

For more flexibility get this remote - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

If you go for a Logitech Harmony, you may be able to assign HDMI1 a button and HDMI2 another button. I did that for fastest transfer.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Did not do a thing when I tried this. Followed instructions exactly. What to do?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

How do you change it through the remote?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

kymillie - RE: Did not do a thing when I tried this. Followed instructions exactly. What to do?

Specifically - what did you try. What instructions did you follow.

To control the TV with the u-verse remote - press the TV button. Then try all the buttons on the remote to see hat they do.

If you cannot find a button that produces the inout selection menu or directly changes it. keep looking for another program code that may include it. There is no guarantee that you will be able to include every function.

If you cannot get it to work for you get the remote recommended in message 6.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Followed directions in remote manual, did not work. Pushed TV and then TV/Video, nope. Held down TB/Video and Enter at same time. etc., etc., etc.... I have tried every button on the thing. Should I do it on the TV itself? Before we got ATT-Uverse, I was able to change HDMI settings easily to access DVD player, laptop, etc., but no more. Now trying to connect iPad to it but cannot change HDMI setting. Sigh....

[removed unnecessary link]

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

kymillie - Are you saying you have not been able to program the remote for your TV? What is TV make/model?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.