BradS88's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, March 5th, 2015 2:05 AM

How best to connect internet to Uverse and Xbox One?

I have a uverse connected to an internet wire coming out of my wall.  It worked fine.  I bought an xbox one and used the same internet wire to connect into the back of the xbox one, so now I don't have internet connection to the uverse.  The xbox works fine now but I don't have live tv.  What is the best way to get internet connection to both boxes?  Do I need a splitter of some sort that provides a branch to both boxes or is a wireless uverse box the only way to go?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@BradS88 wrote:

we have wired internet service and wifi, Uverse tv, and wired home phone service and att cell phone service.  The modem is Arris NVG589.   The uverse tv STB is a motorola VIP1200.  

The uverse STB is connected to xbox one via HDMI.  The Xbox one is connected to tv via HDMI. The internet wire is plugged into back of Xbox one.

Here's your best bet, Xbox Support:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one

Has everything you need there.   Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

9 years ago

Plug the Ethernet cable back into the stb and use the Xbox wirelessly. You could connect the Xbox with an additional Ethernet cable to the nvg589 also.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

9 years ago

We need more information. What Uverse services and equipment do you have? What model RG (modem), how is your equipment connected?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

we have wired internet service and wifi, Uverse tv, and wired home phone service and att cell phone service.  The modem is Arris NVG589.   The uverse tv STB is a motorola VIP1200.  

The uverse STB is connected to xbox one via HDMI.  The Xbox one is connected to tv via HDMI. The internet wire is plugged into back of Xbox one.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I'm trying to install a wireless att uverse receiver (cisco model ISB7005) and XBOX one to the same Sharp Aquos tv.  Previously I had XBOX one working by itself with no uverse.  It was connected directly into the rear of the TV via special XBOX HDMI cable.  Then I installed the wireless uverse receiver and got it working by connecting an HDMI cable from the uverse box directly into the TV.  Then I noticed that XBOX wasn't working.  Then I read the XBOX instructions and saw that for both to work, I should disconnect the HDMI cable between the TV and the UVERSE box and use it to connect the UVERSE box into the "IN" HDMI slot on the back of the XBOX.  I did so and now I don't have tv or xbox.  Need help!

Brad

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I should also say that the XBOX one has an ethernet connection from the residential gateway (the Arris model mentioned in prior email).

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

9 years ago

You need to connect both the ATT stb and the Xbox to the TV using separate hdmi cables. Then use the TV or ATT remote to switch inputs to whatever device you want to use. If you TV has only one hdmi input, use component cables to connect the ATT stb.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

9 years ago

You can connect the UVerse STB HDMI into the Xbox One's HDMI in port, then the HDMI out port from the XBox to the TV.  Just note that for me, the sound sometimes turns off when I watch Tv this way.

Another way that you can hook up the items is to have the XBox and UVerse HDMi out pots connect to the tv separately.  This requires your TV to have two HDMI ports.

You can also connect your UVerse STB to the TV via component cables.  Some users prefer this method due to the belief that the colors and picture quality are better.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.