schamil's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, November 7th, 2015 4:04 PM

Holiday Music on UVerse

WHY IS THE HOLIDAY MUSIC SELECTION ON UVERSE TO

BLOODY AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GUYS ARE BETTER THAN THIS AND YOU'RE BLACK ONLY SOUL MUSIC CHRISTMAS SELECTION IS REALLY SAD.

PLAY THE CLASSICS...I GOT NOTHING AGIANST SOUL MUSIC, BUT THAT IS NOT

WHAT ANYONE WANTS TO HEAR.  

STINGRAY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU @dhascall for the IHeartChristmas Classic suggestion! 

I love all those old classic Christmas songs.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU @dhascall for the IHeartChristmas Classic suggestion! 

I love all those old classic Christmas songs.

You are more than welcome @skeeterintexas.  

I also like the real classics as most remakes are dreadful  One exception is this.  Love it!

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

223 Messages

8 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

While there are some traditional soul singers featured, it's not ALL of the music they play.

Right now they're playing "Happy Christmas (War is over)" a song John Lennon penned in 1969. 

Oh yeah, that's a REAL Christmas holiday song!!! (<--- sarcasm)  Depressing antiwar songs sung by a 1960s hippy to lift up our spirits!  LOL!  😄

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

@CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

While there are some traditional soul singers featured, it's not ALL of the music they play.

Right now they're playing "Happy Christmas (War is over)" a song John Lennon penned in 1969. 

Oh yeah, that's a REAL Christmas holiday song!!! (<--- sarcasm)  Depressing antiwar songs sung by a 1960s hippy to lift up our spirits!  LOL!  😄

HEY NOW!  I was a war-protesting hippie in the 60s!  Smiley Tongue

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

Have any of your local radio stations flipped to Christmas?  One local one has and a few semi-local ones have.  Back in the late 2000s, we had three that flipped before Halloween!

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

There's one that flipped on 11/1.  I think another has followed suit.  I wish they'd just add songs in rotation (in increasing numbers even) until early-mid December.

Scholar

• 

223 Messages

8 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

@CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

HEY NOW!  I was a war-protesting hippie in the 60s!  Smiley Tongue

I was just teasing!  Actually I like John Lennon and the Beatles.

I was guessing that the OP was not looking for those kind of Christmas songs, but songs like "Rump pump bum bum" or "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" from Bing Crosby.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

There's one that flipped on 11/1.  I think another has followed suit.  I wish they'd just add songs in rotation (in increasing numbers even) until early-mid December.

Yeah, I get that but sadly, from Black Friday on to Christmas Day, has been presented as official Christmas season.  Like it or not.  That one time that the three local stations flipped, pre Halloween signaled that big changes were coming to Indy radio.  Several big stations had big losses in audiences and did the Christmas thing just to stunt.  in fact one, changed formats early and ditched Christmas.

Speaking of format stunts, years ago, one weekend a station played NOTHING but TV theme songs.  Guess what station I listened to all weekend?  Yup.  Come Monday Morning, Indy had its THIRD country station.  All playing the same junky, new stuff.  sad, lol.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

It's funny, I remember, back in the early 80s, continuous churn on radio station formats.  Stations wouldn't last 2 years before they switched to a new format. Now many of the stations have maintained pretty much the same identity for years.  Some stations change, but Whistle 100 has been that for 30 years.  WESC even longer.  ROCK 101 similarly.   I could go on. I think a lot of it comes from Entercom and iheartradio owning most of the stations in the market and providing a level of stability.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

That may be the one area where media consolidation has "helped" is to make staion's formats more stable.  Personnel not so stable.  Lots of areas don't have an oldies station nor do they have a classic country station and so on.  Folks of our age (lol) apparently do not have any money to spend as advertisers and station sales reps are still catering to the 12-34 set, who are NOT listening to radio! 

One format I think that is kicking into high gear in many markets is the Old School Hip-hop/Rap format, which of course I don't listen to. 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.