Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Help! No TV but still have internet?

Highlighted
Tutor

Help! No TV but still have internet?

I turned on my TV this am and can't get any channels. When the input is selected (HDM1) we get the On Demand screen instead of the video input.

We can watch internet based films like Netflex and the internet works just fine. But we can't get any TV channels. It is as if only the internet signal is coming through the TV (and we did select the proper input @ HDM1).  No wiring has been changed and all connections are confirmed solid.

The following was attempted:

1. Complete reboot of system using  PWR/OK/DOWN ARROW on cable box.

2. Verification of TV input selector on HDM1

3. TV does detect a signal on that input but seems to revert to ON DEMAND (internet) selection?

Any suggestions, help etc would be appreciated

Doug

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Help! No TV but still have internet?

Have you tried rebooting the gateway/modem FIRST and then rebooting the receiver?

Pull plug on receiver first.  Leave it unplugged. 

Pull plug on gateway.  Wait 15 secs.  Return power.  Wait for all lights to come on.

Plug in receiver.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by pessemist
‎06-07-2019 9:32 AM

Re: Help! No TV but still have internet?

Have you tried entering a channel number?  It sounds like it is defaulting to the on demand service.  So enter a channel number and see what happens.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support