Tictactoe's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, May 6th, 2018 1:33 AM

Hd vs non-hd channels

If I am on a non hd channel is there an easy way to see if there is an hd channel available. Ie  channel 10 is what hd channel  when I was with competor you just hit the enter key twice and if hd was available it would switch to hd channel   

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

540 Messages

6 years ago

I get what you're asking @Tictactoe. No there is no such setting. There is sadly not even a setting to hide all SD channels.

What @_xyzzy_ was saying is the best way. If you see channel 10 on the program guide. Just type in 1010 on the remote. All HD channels are 1000 and up. 

So 11 would be 1011, 42 would be 1042, etc.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

The general algorithm is SDch+1000.   So your SD channel 10's HD counterpart is 1010 if it exists and if uverse carries it and if you have the HD package.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Have hd pkg.  Not explaining correctly.  Lets try again.  Have 80 yr old mother, she is flipping channels one by one starting on the non hd channels, when she comes to something she want to watch let's say channel 10.  Is there a way to setup so that it will automatically switch to the hd channel when she clicks the remote  is there a setthing somewhere so that when ever you are on a non hd and press enter on the remote it will again automatically take you to the hd channel if it is available.  Is this making any since?  

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

Or....hide any SD channel that has an HD counterpart.  That way, you (or your mother) will only have access to the HD channels and the SD channels will not show on the guide or when pressing the Channel +/- button.

Scholar

• 

75 Messages

6 years ago

I usually use the info button on the remote for the program. Then I select "other showtimes" for the live program playing and then select the HD entry if it is available. Easier than entering the channel number starting with a "1" which I sometimes get wrong. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hello. You can set up a favorites channel list. Just add the channels you want. the rest will not show up.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Press "menu". then on the left side scroll to options. On the right side will be an option that says Hide channels. Just uncheck the ones you don't wish to appear.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.