taxnegotiator's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015 5:10 PM

Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries

Someone sent me a cruel e-mail last night - it said that Hallmark channels (both of them) were back in the uVerse line-up.  Well, that was a nasty hoax!   I checked their line up - no sign of Hallmark anywhere.  For a moment, I thought reason had prevailed and I had reason to switch back to uVerse Digital TV (I have their internet only at the moment).  Too bad.

I get 3-4 e-mails a week from ATT encouraging me to come back to their TV service.  The pricing they offer is great, along with VISA cards to help pay my cancelation fee with DISH.  But I reply to each inquiry the same way - bring back UVerse and we will come flying back to their TV service. Several on this forum have even suggested having UVerse offer Hallmark channels as a premium subscription.  I am ok with that.  If that is the only way to get Hallmark with ATT, then let's move forward with that option until a larger deal can be worked out for one of the packages (like U300).  Everyone wins with a premium offering. Those of us who want it can pay for it and enjoy superior TV service.  The few who have made negative comments on this forum about not liking Hallmark can continue on their own merry way without subscribing.  Anyway, maybe someone from ATT who might actually read our comments and suggestions will actually forward the concept to upper management and a deal can be struck with Crown Media.  Again, I see this as a win-win for both ATT (they get back subscribers) and Crown Media (the get more money for subscriptions).  I personally know of a number of families who bailed from ATT when they lost Hallmark who - like us - would return in a flash if they could get Hallmark Channels (both of them) again on UVerse.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@mitchflorida wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if U Verse added Hallmark Channel after they close the DirecTV deal.  Then they can use the same price that DTV pays.  I doubt if anything will happen before that time.   

and I also would bet thatt they add the channels in the Fall, not in mid Junem, to capitalize on the draw of the Holiday specials and movies.....

Scholar

• 

155 Messages

9 years ago

mitchflorida wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if U Verse added Hallmark Channel after they close the DirecTV deal.  Then they can use the same price that DTV pays.  I doubt if anything will happen before that time.   

That has crossed my mind as well.

The details in contracts between providers and programmers are ones we, more than likely, cannot know.

Speculation about a la carte may be more applicable to having Hallmark Movies & Mysteries (formerly Hallmark Movie Channel) on the same package as, say, Sony Movie Channel. That is the case with DirecTV's carriage. The two Hallmarks are in separate subscription packages.

This really should penetrate: Given likely approval for AT&T's purchase of DirecTV, and then looking to what becomes of the channel lineups of the current status of both companies, it is unlikely that Crown Media can afford to not make a deal with AT&T [DirecTV].

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.