BeeSDCA's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 27th, 2017 8:26 PM

HOW TO WATCH UVERSE ON MY LAPTOP

How can I watch my Uverse on my laptop when I am not at home?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Not happy that I cannot watch TV on my laptop via U-Verse. I don't want to have to buy another device to view a simple product.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I feel your pain. I used to have UVerse then I switched to DirecTV and I can schedule or watch content on computer from DVR. When we switched I agreed to do so only if stuff from my DVR could be transferred and I was assured I could do that but that was a promise not kept. I like the scheduling and guide features better on Directv. I am now staying at a friends and am stuck with UVerse and all the fun limitations now. Oh if you ever have to upgrade your DVR you will loose everything you have programmed or recorded also. You would think that they would stop from crippling us the customers by taking away or changing things that worked great or we used happily. You would also think they would listen to the people who use it and add features that help us and benefit them by keeping us happy.

Joel H. Kaplan

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm pretty sure it's just to force customers to switch to DirectTV NOW for TV streaming (at an extra cost for a separate service), which is also owned by AT&T.

[Inappropriate content removed]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

PEOPLE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS RESPONSE/COMMENT. ..

This is a hilarious response! U-verse and DirecTV are partnered up together! This is "the business decision" mentioned earlier and why streaming was taken away from customers on their computers (they're more like a TV)... they want people well buy DirecTV! Why else would a telecommunications company take away something that is becoming one of the biggest things on the Internet, in the world?!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Just download an android emulator on your laptop (bluestacks), download the uverse tv app then wallah!!!! Thats what I do and it works great. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

While you, apparently, have had luck with an emulator, others have posted that they couldn't get it to work with the app.  Just sayin'......

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

This is so annoying. I travel for work and only take my computer. Plus Direct TV isn't an option in my area that why I have U-verse. 😞 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

This is so annoying. I travel for work every week and only take my computer. Plus, Direvt TV isn't an option in my area (only U-verse)! 😞

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

if your laptop has any video input capabilities to allow it to be used as a screen. Most do not allow you to use your laptop as a screen.

You can pick up a monitor (or tv if you will) for relatively cheap to use as a screen.

Bluestacks Textnow Downloader

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

@ATTCares

The ability to watch Uverse on a laptop has been removed?  Why, Why would someone at AT&T think that watching TV on a 4.5" mobile device versus my 15" laptop screen would be better.  Adding the ability to mobile devices is great buy laptops are also "mobile". 

This needs to be brought back. 

#uverse #at&t #watchtv #laptop

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.