Explore & discover

Helpful Links

HOW TO WATCH UVERSE ON MY LAPTOP

Contributor

HOW TO WATCH UVERSE ON MY LAPTOP

How can I watch my Uverse on my laptop when I am not at home?

Message 1 of 23
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: HOW TO WATCH UVERSE ON MY LAPTOP

Just download an android emulator on your laptop (bluestacks), download the uverse tv app then wallah!!!! Thats what I do and it works great. 

Message 16 of 23
ACE - Expert

While you, apparently, have had luck with an emulator, others have posted that they couldn't get it to work with the app.  Just sayin'......

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 23
Contributor

This is so annoying. I travel for work and only take my computer. Plus Direct TV isn't an option in my area that why I have U-verse. Smiley Sad 

Message 18 of 23
Contributor

This is so annoying. I travel for work every week and only take my computer. Plus, Direvt TV isn't an option in my area (only U-verse)! Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 23
Tutor

if your laptop has any video input capabilities to allow it to be used as a screen. Most do not allow you to use your laptop as a screen.

You can pick up a monitor (or tv if you will) for relatively cheap to use as a screen.

Bluestacks Textnow Downloader

Message 20 of 23
Teacher

@ATTCares

The ability to watch Uverse on a laptop has been removed?  Why, Why would someone at AT&T think that watching TV on a 4.5" mobile device versus my 15" laptop screen would be better.  Adding the ability to mobile devices is great buy laptops are also "mobile". 

This needs to be brought back. 

#uverse #at&t #watchtv #laptop

Message 21 of 23
Contributor

THIS ATT UVERSE AND DIRECT TV IS A JOKE!!! PLEASE DO NOT GET INTO THE TROUBLES I WENT THROUGH WHILE HAVING THEIR TV SERVICE. NO WORD CAN DESCRIBE MY FRUSTRATION. GO FOR XFINITY, NOT SPECTRUM EITHER. THEY ALL CRAP!

Message 22 of 23
Contributor

LET ME TELL YOU HOW ATT UVERSE IS THE WORST TV SERVICE IN MY OPINION. I AM HAVING ATT UVERSE.

1. YOU CANNOT WATCH TV ON THE GO ON A LAPTOP. THAT IS RIGHT AND HOW DUMP IS THIS?

2. THERE IS NO OR VERY LIMITED CHANNELS ON DEMEND EVEN THOUGH I HAVE ALL THE CHANNEL SUCH AS CNN, ID, ETC. INCLUDED IN MY PACKAGE BUT THEY DO NOT HAVE THEM ON DEMAND!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! IN MY OPINION, ATT UVERSE IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE PLENTY OF TIME SITTING AROUND ON THEIR COUCHES WATCHING LIVE TV.

3. IF YOU HAPPENED TO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICES OT TECHNICAL SUPPORT, THEY WOULD REDIRECT YOU TO TALK TO SOMEONE HALF WAY AROUND THE GLOBE THAT DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE HECK THEY DOING, PLUS THERE IS A VERY HIGH CHANCE THAT THEY DON'T EWVEN HAVE A SET OF TV AT HOME TO BEGIN WITH. AND IF YOU TELL THEM THAT YOU NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE IN THE USA, THEY WILL TRANSFER YOU, LAST TIME I WAIT ON THE LINE FOR ONE HOUR, YEP, ONE HOUR, BUT GUESS WHAT AFTER ONE HOUR WAITING ON THE LINE I COULD NOT WAIT ANY LONGER SO I GAVE UP. I CAN GIVE YOU THE EXACT TIME FRAME YOU HAVE TO WAIT TO GET THE HELP.

4. WHEN I CALLED TO CANCEL THE SERVICE, I WENT THROUGH THE PAINFUL CRAP AGAIN. FINALLY I GOT TO TALK TO SOMEONE (ONLY WHEN YOU TOLD THEM YOU WANT TO CANCEL THE SERVICE, THEY WILL PUT YOU ON SOMEONE IN THE STATES, IN MY OPINION). THEY  TRIED TO CONVINCE ME TO STAY (WAST MORE OF MY TIME) BY OFFERING A TECHNICIAN COMING OUT TO FIX THE PROBLEM. THE PROBLEM IS THERE WAS NO TECHNICAL PROBLEM TO TO FIXED. THEY JUST DO NOT HAVE MAJORITY CHANNELS ON DEMAND AND THEY BLAMED THAT BECAUSE THE TV CHANNEL OWNERS' DECIDED NOT TO PUT THEM ON DEMAND????

5. SAVE YOURSELF SOME TROUBLES AND FRUSTRATION, DO NOT STEP INTO THIS TRAP LIKE ME NOW I AM STUCK WITH THIS CRAP, BECAUSE IF I CANCEL THEIR SERVICE, I HGAVE TO PAY A PENALTY FEE OF $15/MONTH, THAT IS RIGHT, $15 A MONTH TILL THE CONTRACT IS UP. NICE JOB ATT.

6. FOR THE RECORD, I USED THEIR WIRELESS PHONE SERVICE IN THE PAST AND IT WAS ALSO CRAPPY. 

SO STEER CLEAR FROM ANYTHING ATT!!

P/S: ALL OF THIS HAPPENED 2 MONTHS AGO, HOWEVER YOU CAN STILL FEEL THE FRUSTRATION I HAVE WITH THEM WHEN I WROTE THIS. THE THINGS I DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE TRUE. I JUST WANT TO SPREAD THE WORDS OUT TO HELP PEOPLE MAKE INFORMED DECISION BEFORE THEY CHOOSE THEIR TV SERVICE PROVIDER.

Message 23 of 23
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support