Explore & discover

Helpful Links

HOW TO WATCH UVERSE ON MY LAPTOP

Contributor

HOW TO WATCH UVERSE ON MY LAPTOP

How can I watch my Uverse on my laptop when I am not at home?

Message 1 of 23
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎12-27-2017 12:59 PM

Re: HOW TO WATCH UVERSE ON MY LAPTOP

You cannot.  You must use the app

The U-verse app can be found in Apple iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon app stores. Or, you can download the app straight to your smartphone by texting the word Mobile to 3421.

• iPhone/iPad/iTouch (iOS 9.3 and above)
  • Apple Watch
  • Android smartphones and tablets (OS 4.1 and above)
  • Android Wearables (Android Wear OS)
  • Amazon Fire TV devices

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 23

What a bunch of crap!  We purchase something, sign a contract and you discontinue it without notice.  This stinks.  

Message 3 of 23
Teacher

I agree, this is a very annoying development.

Message 4 of 23
Contributor

that stinks!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 23
Scholar

You can buy a Slingbox M1  or M2 on Ebay for about $60.  That's what I did and it works fine on Windows, Android, and Apple, including all channels and DVR recordings.

Message 6 of 23
Highlighted

I had a Slingbox connected to UVerse in the past and it worked like a champ.  I still have it, once I get unpacked at my new house may have to hook it back up.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 7 of 23
Tutor

The answers are NOT solutions. Why take away a benefit without notification and still paying way too much after 7-8 years. This stinks!

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 23
Tutor

Watching tv on a phone gives me a headache

Message 9 of 23
Tutor

THATS WHAT WE GET FOR HAVING A SECOND RATE CARRIER... NEED TO CHANGE...UGHHHHHH

Message 10 of 23
Contributor

one more reason to cut the cord

Message 11 of 23

Not happy that I cannot watch TV on my laptop via U-Verse. I don't want to have to buy another device to view a simple product.

Message 12 of 23
Contributor

I feel your pain. I used to have UVerse then I switched to DirecTV and I can schedule or watch content on computer from DVR. When we switched I agreed to do so only if stuff from my DVR could be transferred and I was assured I could do that but that was a promise not kept. I like the scheduling and guide features better on Directv. I am now staying at a friends and am stuck with UVerse and all the fun limitations now. Oh if you ever have to upgrade your DVR you will loose everything you have programmed or recorded also. You would think that they would stop from crippling us the customers by taking away or changing things that worked great or we used happily. You would also think they would listen to the people who use it and add features that help us and benefit them by keeping us happy.

Joel H. Kaplan

Message 13 of 23
Contributor

I'm pretty sure it's just to force customers to switch to DirectTV NOW for TV streaming (at an extra cost for a separate service), which is also owned by AT&T.

[Inappropriate content removed]

Message 14 of 23
Contributor

PEOPLE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS RESPONSE/COMMENT. ..

This is a hilarious response! U-verse and DirecTV are partnered up together! This is "the business decision" mentioned earlier and why streaming was taken away from customers on their computers (they're more like a TV)... they want people well buy DirecTV! Why else would a telecommunications company take away something that is becoming one of the biggest things on the Internet, in the world?!

Message 15 of 23
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support