For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
JMinto's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, October 19th, 2018 11:09 PM

HOW COULD YOU Shut Down Dramafever?????

I wish to protest in the strongest possible terms  AT&T's totally bone-headed decision to shut down the Dramafever channel.

For millions of us here in the USA and abroad, it is the only channel we watch because it had top quality Korean, Japanese

and Chinese dramas, all sub-titled. I have been a member of the channel for most of its 9 years in existence and I and so many others are

devastated that you capriciously decided to just shut it down, without any warning or chance to give feedback on the move, after acquiring Time-Warner.

My household sends you several hundred dollars a month for various services and I am now seriously re-thinking this decision to support

a company that has so grievously interrupted my life.

There is an obvious, readily available solution to this disaster, by the way: GIVE US BACK DRAMAFEVER! I would happily pay more

for my Premium subscription if necessary, but PLEASE, put our channel back on the air!

Sincerely Yours,

J. Minto

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

From their website

As of October 16, DramaFever has been shut down.

For nine years, DramaFever offered a place for streaming the best Korean, Chinese and Japanese dramas on-demand, straight to your device. We appreciate the passion of our fans and it’s been a privilege to deliver you this content.

While this decision is difficult, there are a variety of business reasons that have led to this conclusion. We appreciate each and every one of our fans and their passion for the content DramaFever was able to bring into your lives.

We'd like to take this time to extend our thanks and gratitude to you, our loyal subscribers. We'll be issuing refunds as applicable, and subscribers will receive an email from us with details in the coming days.

Sincerely,

The DramaFever Team

google-is-your-friend.jpg

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I too am an ATnT subscriber and I am also considering switching my service. The reason, you ask? You have taken away DramaFever! 

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

6 years ago

@skeeterintexas

You mean to tell me that AT&T didn't do this?  What, no way.  We have to blame AT&T.  Smiley Surprised

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

facts.JPG

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am another person very upset with your corporation because of what you did...

I don't care about a refund... I do care about the absurd decision to afect more than a million happy subscribers to a service. You greedy people... I will never use your service and probably I will stop sponsoring Warner Brothers content.

You could've sell the company but instead killed it...  Att and WB,  I hope that someday you will see how wrong you were... Dramafever was special to a lot of people...

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

@alexamuro  I'll post this again because apparently you didn't understand it the first time (edited for clarity):

From dramafever.com

As of October 16, DramaFever has been shut down.

Sincerely,

The DramaFever Team

DramaFever has ceased operation and AT&T had NOTHING TO DO with it.

You can change providers (ie. Spectrum/Charter/Frontier/Dish/Direct/etc.) but you won't find DramaFever ANYWHERE....it no longer exists. 

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Please verify what 2 corporations were in charge and had the power to
decide that closure. ATT and WB.

"AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) has completed its acquisition of Time Warner Inc.,
bringing together global media and entertainment leaders Warner Bros., HBO
and Turner with AT&T’s leadership in technology and its video, mobile and
broadband customer relationships."

"Dramafevet was acquired by SoftBank
in October 2014 for
approximately $100 million USD.[3]
Softbank
sold the site to Warner Bros in mid-2016.[10]
[11]

DramaFever was shut down by Warner Bros. on October 16, 2018, with no
advance notice to its subscribers"

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Oh for Pete's sake, nothing was "solved" here, and the WB/ATT massacre of DF is stupid. I don't care who did it, you're both bone-headed and cruel to millions of people who love KD. I'm leaving ATT in protest after over 20 yrs. Don't need you. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Iss
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.