lazara9945's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 5:06 PM

HDMI Error Message H1005

Recently I connected the Uverse service, the remote is programmed, and I have good control of TV functions. But when I turn it off, and switch it on again with the DVR, you see the message "HDMI Error H1005."
Apparently, the DVR does not recognize the TV at the time of turned on, because the TV takes a few seconds to connect to the DVR.

If I program the control to turn on separately, and first I do with the TV and then the DVR, everything works perfectly, but if the cycle is reversed, the message appears again.

Is there a way to program the DVR to be delayed a few seconds to turn on and that way recognize the TV?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

For those who have the same in the future, I finally made them work properly, this is what I did:
- I rebooted the box att. It did not work
- Change the hdmi cable (did not work either)
- Finally I changed the HDMI cable port, and after trying it several times continued to work well.
Thank you so much to texasguy37, aviewer and mibrnsurg, for having responded to my question so quickly and selflessly. By people like you guys is that a website is enriched and others recommend the place to be helped. Thaks again.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

The delay in the TV coming on should not matter and would not be the cause of that error message.  Some of my TV's take about 30 seconds before they actually come on.  They are all connected to the U-verse box by HDMI cable, and I do not see that error message.

Which brand and model of TV do you have?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

lazara9945 - No, you cannot control the auto on/off with the U-verse remote.

You could change to component cables.

You can disable auto on/off & do each seperately - att/ok , 977, enter will seperate the devices. You will on/off - TV, power, att power watch power TV power.

You can get a Logitech Harmony remote to gain control. Least expensive is refurb model 300 at Newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=harmony&x=0&y=0

New - Model 200 at Radio Shack $20 model 300  $30.

I have recommended to many people that were unable to find codes to support their devices with the U-verse remote that they get a Logitech Harmony remote.

Many of those people feel they do not want to, or should not have to, spend their own money for a remote.

Others, have a very complex setup and are willing to spend their money to maximize their viewing experience.

The U-verse remote is effective for only a subset of basic activities with the most popular equipment, The Harmony provides more efficient control of complex setups across a broader range of equipment.

Until sometime in 2011 the Harmony only offered expensive models (over $100). In 2011 they introduced the model 300 ($30) followed by the model 200 ($20). Although, these only support one activity - Watch TV - they are more effective than the U-verse remote.

This writeup shows the functional differences between the two remotes to assist in deciding whether or not to go for a Harmony.

U-verse remote vs. Logitech Harmony Model 300 - Both can control four devices (STB, TV, DVD, Aux) under one activity - Watch TV.

Logitech Harmony Model 300 -

Must be able to do something no other remote can do to convince you to spend $30 to buy it so Logitech can make a profit.

Monster library of supported devices. (amazing how libraries grow over the years). You can predetermine support of make & model via web site (http://myremotesetup.com/EasyZapper/New/Main.asp?WebProcessAction=Start&ReturnUrl=%2FEasyZapper%2F%2E%2FNew%2FProcSpice%2Flanding%2Easp&ClassId=PrSpice%2EProcSpice&RelativePath=ProcSpice%2F). Since device support is defined in detail, a Logitech customer service rep (CSR) can help with any problems,

To program - Enter device make model in computer  based wizard. When device is supported, all functions are supported. IR signals can be learned from device remote. CSR can download changes that affect only you,

IR/function/button  map - You can map any button to any function. You can pick buttons based on your preference, instead of someone else's. Logitech can add any new IR code format to function mapping via download.

Watch TV button - Turns on/off selected devices. Sets correct input. Ability to sequence devices and introduce delay between devices.

Change from Watch TV mode to individual device control with one button push. And, vice-versa. Same volume/mute buttons will affect different devices (STB, TV, HT) depending on device selected and the one user selected for the Watch TV activity. Note that the U-verse phantom mute can be unmuted with four button pushes - device mode, STB, mute, return to watch TV mode.

Able to buy more advanced remotes for more money - more devices, more activities(e.g. Watch OTA, Watch DVD, Watch TV with HT sound), more display (LCD screen) of functions. Multiple activities appears to be a concept unique to the Logitech Harmony. It allows the same buttons to be applied different sets of devices based on what the viewer is watching (i.e. an activity). It is especially valuable for complex setups and/or people with only basic knowledge of the operation of the remote.

*****************************************************************************************************

U-verse  remote is provided free to watch U-verse TV. Support for some functions on some other devices is included so that it can be called "universal". But there is no business driver to spend money to assure full support of all functions on all possible devices .

Limited library of supported devices. Vague lists by type/mfgr. No model detail. No definitive/comprehensive list of codes. If support is not accomplished, there is no way to find out if it should be supported until you find that the remote works for you. Since device support is not defined in detail customer service rep cannot help with problems.

To program- Enter an arbitrary code that may be difficult (or impossible) to determine or step through every possible entry. Possibly finding some partially supported sets.  No IR learning.

IR/function/button  map - Button/IR map cannot change. IR/function map can only change if U-verse globally changes STB software. No ability to provide individual tuning.

Watch TV (ATT/power) -  Turns on/off selected devices. Does not set input. No ability to sequence devices or introduce delay.

Default mode of operation is Watch TV (Channel change on STB, Volume on TV, Power up STB/TV). To vary operation requires reprogramming with more arbitrary codes applied to individual functions. No clear distinction between Watch TV and individual device control (i.e. difficult to change operation between Watch TV and controlling individual services.)

Point anywhere remote is only extra cost upgrade - provides RF (with STB distinction) and learning. New buddy TV is good if you already have supported equipment (e.g iphone). But, it probably has similar limitations to the standard remote because it would be based on that design

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

My TV is a Sony Bravia Mod: 55-EX500

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@lazara9945 wrote:

My TV is a Sony Bravia Mod: 55-EX500

I have 2 Sony Bravias connected to the U-verse box by HDMI cable.  Both of the TV's do take a numbers of seconds before they come on, and they do not come on until after the U-verse box is already on.  I do not receiver that HDMI error message.  

Check to see if your TV has the latest software update.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

@lazara9945 wrote:

Recently I connected the Uverse service, the remote is programmed, and I have good control of TV functions. But when I turn it off, and switch it on again with the DVR, you see the message "HDMI Error H1005."
Apparently, the DVR does not recognize the TV at the time of turned on, because the TV takes a few seconds to connect to the DVR.

If I program the control to turn on separately, and first I do with the TV and then the DVR, everything works perfectly, but if the cycle is reversed, the message appears again.

Is there a way to program the DVR to be delayed a few seconds to turn on and that way recognize the TV?

You can easily press the TV button at the top and press power, then press the ATT button and wait for the TV to come up and press OK for Uverse TV.  Saves you spending money on another remote. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

Great, the next thing I would've suggested is try another HDMI input if available.  One user had to finally use the 4th of 4 HDMI inputs to finally get Uverse to work right.  Go figure Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Scholar

• 

108 Messages

12 years ago

I have been getting this error code in the last week after having Uverse for 2 months. It happens in the middle of watching a recording. It has been a frustrating experience so far with Uverse. Looks like Im going back to Dish or Directv in 10 more months.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

blujacket - If HDMI is acting up switch to component. Some folks say it is not as good. I cannot see a difference, I see more of a difference day-to-day on HDMI.

Scholar

• 

108 Messages

12 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
blujacket - If HDMI is acting up switch to component. Some folks say it is not as good. I cannot see a difference, I see more of a difference day-to-day on HDMI.

I run everything through my Denon 3808 to the tv for less cable clutter. I appreciate your input. If At&T can't do what ever other provider can, it's adios uverse.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.