tutorone's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, June 28th, 2013 7:32 PM

HDMI 1005 link

Until recently TV and Uverse worked beautifully.  I came home from vacation and new messages pop up when the TV is turned on.  One has Uverse tips.  The other is the problem.  It says HDMI error 1005.  I tried all the suggestions on screen.  It works to unplug the HDMI connector from the receiver, then plug it back in.  Each time I turn on the TV, however, the same message comes up.  Why doesn't the HDMI connection work when I turn on the TV from the remote?  The remote has new batteries.  This happened several years ago and after going through the entire process with a rep via telephone, they sent me a new receiver.  Is this the only solution?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

tutorone - It would be great if Chris' suggestion solves your problem. But, if it does not - You have not responded to the component connection suggestion. If you get no signal on HDMI, the solution is component cable. Black screen, it may not solve. These are two different problems - may have been caused by the same release - but, have nothing to do with the remote.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

tutorone - HDMI interface can be finicky if the establish connection does not go well.

One thing you can try is to turn on the TV first, Do this by pressing the TV button then power ( or use the TV remote) then turn on the STB (receiver) by the ok button (while in the att mode).

If that does it, make it permanent with att/ok-977-TV-att-enter.

If that does not do it you can use component cables - three connections for video & two for audio.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I have tried these suggestions many times before but tried them again this afternoon.? Still nothing by turning TV on first, or att/ok-977-TV-att-enter, or att/ok-977-att-TV-enter with the remote.? The HDMI link light on the receiver is lit but the error message appears each time.? The guide will show a program is running but in the little video box but I can't get it on the regular screen.? And each time, I can go to the receiver, unplug the? HDMI cable, plug it back in and the TV comes on perfectly.? Why would the?remote/HDMI connection?work for two years and then quit?? Thanks for your help.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

tutorone - I misunderstood. I thought the TV was displaying no signal. Your last post says it is the black screen. This is an old problem that comes & goes. Usually only affects one channel. I never saw a resolution. I guess no one ever tried unplugging the HDMI cable.

Next time it happens hit the record & wait a few seconds, then watch the recording. That would be the last symptom of the black screen. All you can do is hope it goes away soon. Forget about the HDMI as the cause. Although it can trigger it - I had one a while back when I switched my TV from HDMI2 (computer) to HDMI1 (U-verse).

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@tutorone wrote:
I have tried these suggestions many times before but tried them again this afternoon.? Still nothing by turning TV on first, or att/ok-977-TV-att-enter, or att/ok-977-att-TV-enter with the remote.? The HDMI link light on the receiver is lit but the error message appears each time.? The guide will show a program is running but in the little video box but I can't get it on the regular screen.? And each time, I can go to the receiver, unplug the? HDMI cable, plug it back in and the TV comes on perfectly.? Why would the?remote/HDMI connection?work for two years and then quit?? Thanks for your help.

There was a download that affected your HDMI connection.  If you have more than 1 HD input to the TV, try them, one user had to use the 4th of 4 HDMI inputs to get Uverse to work.

Also unplug the HDMI cable, do a reboot of the DVR/STB, after about 4 mins, plug the HDMI cable back in.  It has fixed similar problems in the past.  Might be something to try if the other HDMI input doesn't.  Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I have spent hours today trying every configuration. The other HDMI channels just continue to say no signal. The reboot, then plugging in the HDMI cable worked but when I turned the TV off, I still had to go back to the set and replug the HDMI cable to see a picture. It's crazy that I should have to walk to the receiver each time I turn on the TV to get a picture. The connection works just fine if I manually replug the cable. Should I try to get a different remote or get an att rep to fix it?

Sent from my iPad

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Here's what you could try (fixed a dark HDMI image after an upgrade?) :

A Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery.

Unplug the power cord of the DVR from the wall or from the back of the box and wait ten seconds. Plug the DVR back in.

When three white dots appear on the screen, unplug the DVR again. Repeat this process two more times.

Plug the DVR back in on the third time and leave in. Three white dots appear followed by a gear with a status bar at the bottom of the screen.

If the Disaster Recovery screen does not appear, repeat the steps above. If the Disaster Recovery screen appears, wait until completion.

TV will come back quick, but Guide info and Recordings will come back later, it takes a long time to complete.  Just might fix that HDMI 1005 problem.  Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks. I will just watch TV this evening and try this tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Okay. Tried everything. Changed to component cables and the picture turns on when I use the remote like it should. Thanks for your suggestions.

Does not using the HDMI cable mean that I don't have hi-def anymore?

Many thanks!

Sent from my iPad

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

tutorone - glad you got it working. Component is analog HDMI up to 1080i. For 1080p you need HDMI, But, u-verse is not 1080p.

Only you can decide if component is equal to HDMI. I believe it is. I believe HDMI is more variable based on the content origin & transmission. Component does not show as much difference based on upstream quality.

A difference is that when you set the aspect in U-verse, HDMI can turn it on/off. With component it stays as set.

HDMI is always changing. This time you got caught on the wrong side. Maybe next time it will be favorable for you.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.