For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ldphillips's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, April 21st, 2013 1:20 PM

Closed

HD on receiver. Why isn't the HD light on the Receiver on? The tv is HD capable.

How do we get the HD light on the Receiver o?  The TV is HD capable but we are not getting HD on another of our TVs.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

You need to make sure the TV is connected to the U-verse box with an HDMI cable, or component cables and audio cables.  You do subscribe to HD service, correct?  It's $10 per month for all TV's/boxes.

Former Employee

• 

120 Messages

11 years ago

There are a few requirements for you to get HD.

1. Make sure TV is HD, which you have.

2. Make sure that you have the $10 HD subscription on your account (comes free with U450).

3. Make sure you're using HD-capable cables, either component (red-green-blue plus audio cables) or HDMI.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you. It is the HD cable.

Sent from my iPad

Scholar

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Smiley Happy

Even if the cable and the TV are HD, the Blue light for HD will not glow.

Like the TV, the U-Verse receiver also has the Aspect ratio setting. You need to use 720p or 1080i on it so that the HD light can glow.

Below are the steps for the same:

To change the screen dimensions for the video image and for the Microsoft TV user interface:

1. Press Menu on the remote control(The U-Verse Remote).
  2. Use the right arrow button to select Options on the horizontal menu bar, select System Options, and then press the OK button.
  3. Use the down arrow button to select Aspect Ratio, and then press OK. The Aspect Ratio Settings screen appears.
  4. Press the right arrow button to move over to the aspect ratio list, then use the up and down arrows buttons to select the appropriate radio button for their specific television set. Choices are:
    • Standard definition of 4:3
    • Widescreen standard definition
    • High definition screens of 720p
    • High definition screens of 1080i
  5. After making the appropriate selection, ask them to press OK to select the setting, and then press the up and left arrows to maneuver back to Continue.
  6. Press OK.

This should resolve the issue Smiley Happy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you

Sent from my iPad

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Abby-2--thank you so much for this--I tried all the troubleshooting tools on the receiver menu, and consulted the website--your post was the only one that addressed my issue--no HD on one receiver, though I had a signal. You made my day!

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

2 years ago

Please don't respond to threads older than one year.

Closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.