For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Hawkeye249's profile

Tutor

• 

26 Messages

Thursday, December 20th, 2018 8:02 PM

Guide - show only subscribed channels

Can the u-verse remote be programmed to show only the subscribed channels?

I.E., it is inconvenient to see a movie listed of interest, only to then notice the dreaded ! 

indicating the channel is not included in my subscription.

I've looked at the built-in help and tutorials and do not see that capability.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

There is no loss of Favorites across power outages.  Been through a bunch or outages over the years and never lost them.  I always recommend Favorites.  The packages shortcut is useless since yes, it shows you what's in your U200, etc. package including lots of the the package crap you don't want unless you explicitly hid them too.   The other advantage to favorites is you are in control of the channels you want to see.  Using any other grid form means even if you hide channels you don't want when att adds crap, special events, advertising, or other special purpose channels to the package they appear in the lineup.  They won't appear in Favorites.  Also it leaves the full guide as a superset of the Favorites for, say, promo days where you could leave channels enabled that you don't get but are turned on during those promos (movie channels like HBO, SHO, etc.) that you elected not to get normally.

Just because one user claims to have had a bad experience with a power outage (and as I said that is the exception) is no reason for everybody else to choose their "favorite" (pun intended) method of controlling the channels they see.

Tutor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

NOTE:  I used AT&T a few years ago and one by one hid all of the channelsthat did not interest me.  Smiling and proud of my accomplishment ...until there was a power outage and my effort was negated.Don't know if that would happen today, but worthy of consideration!
Here is what DOES work and only requires a few clicks.Kudos to Tutor for sharing:
TutorPost options menu
Sep 12, 2017 8:25 AM

Re: i want my guide to only show the channels in my package!
This worked for me. I have a S30-S1B remote. That info is on the back. Hit the GUIDE button. Then hit the smaller OPTIONS button on the remote. Do not confuse this with an on screen options button. This is the small options button just to the right, and below the MENU button on the remote. Once you hit both those buttons, in that order, you will get an on screen menu on the right side of your tv. If you scroll down you will see "channel shortcuts". Hit that and it will open up another screen with U-verse packages as an option. If you go in there, you can select your package and BOOM as if by magic, your guide will reflect that package. I have no idea yet if I will have to redo this after a power outage, etc., but at least it works for now.

AT&T....please pay attention. Make this obvious to all. This is a big freaking deal to your customers and keeping this info so well hidden is insane. In fact, I'm tempted to "quit ya" over it. It's like you're flipping us all the bird by not making it obvious and easy to take care of.

• 

1 Message

yes.. ATT please help get the word out to your customers!! It stinks to be trying to figure out a new system/remote, and have all these channels that dont even work, cause you arent subscribed.. 😐

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Hawkeye249  You don't hide channels via the remote but on the Guide:

Access the Menu screen (can vary depending on remote model) > Options > Hide Channels > Check off the channels you want to see > Save

You have to do this for each receiver and if there's a free preview, you'll need to UNhide that channel.

And FYI, a power outage does not effect or negate the above actions. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.