Green rotating circle

Contributor

Green rotating circle

Do you know why I have a green rotating circle in the lower right corner of my tv picture. It started a couple hours ago. The picture is otherwise fine.

Message 1 of 9 (4,677 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Green rotating circle

Grannahayes6 - The circle is usually associared with an app like go interactive or search or the weather channel. What channel are you on?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9 (4,676 Views)
Contributor

I'm on CBS channel 2 watching the football game.

Message 3 of 9 (4,674 Views)
ACE - Expert

Grannahayes6 - at&t has introduced some interaction like having an ad for a coming show & saying press OK to schedule a recording. It may have gotten stuck. If it does not go away when you change channel, do a pull the plug reboot.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9 (4,658 Views)
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by ATTU-verseCare (Community Support)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Go to Menu>Interactive>Interactive Apps>Weather and click on The Weather Channel app. The spinning green wheel will disappear. No need for a cold boot.
Message 5 of 9 (4,480 Views)
Contributor

You're right! Worked for me....thanks
Message 6 of 9 (4,326 Views)
Contributor

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You  philliphw1957!!!!!!!!!!  The green circle is GONE!!!!!

Message 7 of 9 (4,158 Views)

thank you for that info!!  green spinner is gone!! Yay

Message 8 of 9 (3,948 Views)
Contributor

The spinning circle, 3" in diameter, was with me for 12+ hours. I first noticed it after the weather channel came up on my screen, without my assistance as far as i can remember. It was so intolerable last night that I had to cover it with cardboard.

I called ATT support the next day, a Monday, and the individual I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about, (apparently he doesn't "google") but he scheduled a technician to visit me on.... Wednesday.

In the meantime, I tried re-booting, unplugging everything associated with the ATT line, tv, computer etc. When it didn't make a difference the first time..... I did it again, to no avail.

About 10 minutes later there was a total power outage. When I got everything turned on again, the green circle was gone? go figure? I canceled the technician.

Message 9 of 9 (2,805 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.