Grannahayes6's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 19th, 2014 10:31 PM

Green rotating circle

Do you know why I have a green rotating circle in the lower right corner of my tv picture. It started a couple hours ago. The picture is otherwise fine.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Go to Menu>Interactive>Interactive Apps>Weather and click on The Weather Channel app. The spinning green wheel will disappear. No need for a cold boot.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Grannahayes6 - The circle is usually associared with an app like go interactive or search or the weather channel. What channel are you on?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I'm on CBS channel 2 watching the football game.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Grannahayes6 - at&t has introduced some interaction like having an ad for a coming show & saying press OK to schedule a recording. It may have gotten stuck. If it does not go away when you change channel, do a pull the plug reboot.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

You're right! Worked for me....thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You  philliphw1957!!!!!!!!!!  The green circle is GONE!!!!!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

thank you for that info!!  green spinner is gone!! Yay

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

The spinning circle, 3" in diameter, was with me for 12+ hours. I first noticed it after the weather channel came up on my screen, without my assistance as far as i can remember. It was so intolerable last night that I had to cover it with cardboard.

I called ATT support the next day, a Monday, and the individual I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about, (apparently he doesn't "google") but he scheduled a technician to visit me on.... Wednesday.

In the meantime, I tried re-booting, unplugging everything associated with the ATT line, tv, computer etc. When it didn't make a difference the first time..... I did it again, to no avail.

About 10 minutes later there was a total power outage. When I got everything turned on again, the green circle was gone? go figure? I canceled the technician.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.