For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Major_Watcher's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 3rd, 2015 10:10 PM

Gray Screen appears for 2 seconds.

When ever we change the channel it turns a transparent gray screen for 2 seconds. Can some one help me!

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

8 years ago

Since this appears to deal with local channels, this would be something that has to be changed/fixed in local VHO (as opposed to the single NVHO that serves the whole country).

As such it's probably taking a while for them to apply the changes to one, make sure it doesn't break anything else, then roll it out to the other hundred or so VHOs.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Still a problem in Monterey as well.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I was having the same problem but about two hours ago my system prompted me for a restart. After I went through the reboot the problem was fixed. Bakersfield California

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

@Gsisola wrote:

I was having the same problem but about two hours ago my system prompted me for a restart. After I went through the reboot the problem was fixed. Bakersfield California

Thanks @Gsisola.  Makes me wonder if those still having it, should reboot their equipment.  Can you try that @Anonymous?

Scholar

• 

210 Messages

8 years ago

Well, not only is it not fixed, it is getting worse. I am now periodically getting the gray screen without changing the channel ! Still only lasts a second or two.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

The prompt actually appeared on my TV screen asking me if I wanted to restart my system or not. I chose the restart option and after the reboot the gray screen thing did not happen any more.

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

8 years ago

It appears to be fixed for me after rebooting this time. I tried rebooting earlier and it didn't help.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

Well I have to say that right now I don't know if I should reboot my boxes, reboot the gateway or do nothing at all. I do know that I still have the problem. Hopefully ATTU-verse care will provide us with any info we need. I have to leave now so I'll check it out later when I get back.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Showed up here in Dallas surburb last night so it's moving around the country.  

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

To everyone, this fixed it for me here in metro Detroit:

If the DVR functions are still not working, try a Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery.

Unplug the power cord of the DVR from the wall or from the back of the box and wait ten seconds. Plug the DVR back in.

When three white dots appear on the screen, unplug the DVR again. Repeat this process two more times.

Plug the DVR back in on the third time and leave in. Three white dots appear followed by a gear with a status bar at the bottom of the screen.

If the Disaster Recovery screen does not appear, repeat the steps above. If the Disaster Recovery screen appears, wait until completion.

If the Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery does not work, follow the steps for a Force Disaster Recovery

Re-downloads all the software. Will not erase recordings, takes a bit of time or so. I do one every few months to get rid of any bugs in the software. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.