Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Gray Screen appears for 2 seconds.

Contributor

Gray Screen appears for 2 seconds.

When ever we change the channel it turns a transparent gray screen for 2 seconds. Can some one help me!

Message 1 of 70
Guru

Re: Gray Screen appears for 2 seconds.

@JohninFL wrote:

It is happening in Central Florida only on the local channels. I called tech support and they don't have a clue. They told me all the test are good and an outside tech needs to come to test the line to my house for a one time charge of $149.00. Whatever is happening is AT&T's fault but they want the customers to pay for their incompetence. Not going to happen!

I like my U-Verse but their tier one tech support is useless. For 3 mornings in a row I woke up to the blue HD light being on on both my wireless stb's leading me to believe the boxes were rebooting. Even though my service was working I called tech support. They were like " don't worry about it. We don't worry about lights going on and off." 

Message 31 of 70
Contributor

Wichita, Kansas. Gray transparent screen hear also when changing channel. Happening on low def 2-36, hi def 1002-1036 channles. Not sure what their fix is???  

Message 32 of 70
ACE - Master

@Major_Watcher wrote:

When ever we change the channel it turns a transparent gray screen for 2 seconds. Can some one help me!

I used my phone to shoot a video and have uploaded that to the forum manager.  She has passed the video along to the U-Verse Team, who will be looking into it.  No estimated time to a fix.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 33 of 70
ACE - Master

***No longer noticing this.***  So, I would assume that it is fixed.  Thanks for your patience.  This was an odd one - almost like a screen designed to have a message on it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 34 of 70
Scholar

Still happening here. So it's not fixed for everyone.

Message 35 of 70
Scholar

It is still happening in Central Florida. So it is NOT FIXED for everyone!

Message 36 of 70
ACE - Expert

It is fixed here in the Dallas area so hopefully the fix will be rolled out to everyone in short order.

Message 37 of 70
Community Support

Hi,

We apologize about the inconveniences. We are aware of the issue and working towards getting this issue resolved.

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 38 of 70
Highlighted
ACE - Master

@JohninFL wrote:

It is still happening in Central Florida. So it is NOT FIXED for everyone!

Hello @JohninFL and @JadedPixie - I can only go on what I see in Indianapolis.   So if AT&T fixed it in Indy and Dallas, other areas must be falling in line very soon.  Again, it's not the biggest inconvenience that I have ever seen (does not mess with recordings) and a few subscribers said that they never noticed in their area.

hiatus.jpg

Message 39 of 70
Scholar

FWIW, still a problem in San Francisco......

Message 40 of 70
Guru

Still a problem in Ohio.

Message 41 of 70
ACE - Expert

Since this appears to deal with local channels, this would be something that has to be changed/fixed in local VHO (as opposed to the single NVHO that serves the whole country).

As such it's probably taking a while for them to apply the changes to one, make sure it doesn't break anything else, then roll it out to the other hundred or so VHOs.

Message 42 of 70
Tutor

Still a problem in Monterey as well.

Message 43 of 70
Contributor

I was having the same problem but about two hours ago my system prompted me for a restart. After I went through the reboot the problem was fixed. Bakersfield California

Message 44 of 70
ACE - Master

@Gsisola wrote:

I was having the same problem but about two hours ago my system prompted me for a restart. After I went through the reboot the problem was fixed. Bakersfield California

Thanks @Gsisola.  Makes me wonder if those still having it, should reboot their equipment.  Can you try that @Beany?

Message 45 of 70
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support