tktrick1's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, March 1st, 2014 10:02 PM

Getting 'no signal'

I'm trying to hook up my u verse box to my Vizio. I have no yellow port on the tv for the video component cable. I don't have HD service there fore no HDMI cable. Any ideas? Need all the help I can get.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

tktrick1 - Vizio is a flat panel HD set?? Yes?? Therefore, connect it HDMI or component. This will allow best picture, zoom control and available for free HD preview. Get your HDMI cable at monoprice.com.

Post your model number so I can look at the manual. You can temporarily connect COAX - Tune to analog channel 3. Or, x-video. One of the three component jacks may serve dual purpose as a composite jack.

Be sure to set the TV to the correct input. If you use the COAX nake sure it is connected to the output connection on the STB and you may have to run the channel scan  on the TV.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

tktrick1 - kind of wierd looking for the manual. I did find one that has inputs as you describe &n it does show a dual use jack as I suggested. The bottom row of jacks for component reuses the first jack on the left for composite. It is clearly labeled as such.

Look at connecting your device here - http://store.vizio.com/documents/downloads/hdtv/E320A1/UM_E320A1.pdf

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Model # M4205V. I have coax connected...no signal. I have a red, white, & yellow jack cable but the is no yellow port on TV. Appreciate your help!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Bought a HDMI cable. It works now. Thanks again for your help!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.