For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
rickmitt's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 6th, 2013 8:00 PM

Getting Error message ""This set top box does not match the account settings"

Just ordered a new wireless receiver for the bedroom. Installed it and now getting the following error "This set top box does not match the account settings". Service was suppose to be enabled on Monday the 4th, but I recieved the hardware early and turned it on. I've since rebooted and unplugged and tried everything to no avail. Any thoughts on how I might get this to work?

Regards,

Rick

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Please help me. I too am having the same issues with my wireless receivers "account unavailable" "this set top box does not match the account settings" customer service can't help when I actually get them to answer.

Thank you kindly. Will.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @daviswilliam 

Sorry to hear that your also experiencing this issue but, I was able to locate your U-verse account and remove the Error code and set the activation order to today. All you need to do now is unplug/replug the box and it'll run through the update process and you'll be good to go! 🙂

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I have same problem with the error "This set box does not match the account settings." Can you help?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hello ajayajay,

I can help you take care of that, please send me your account number to make any necessary corrections on our systems and have you try activating the receiver again.

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Hi,

My account number is: *** (removed for your security)

Thank you.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Thank you ajayajay! Please check your private messages for an update.

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Where do I find the "private message"? In my inbox it says "you have no private messages."

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I got this message. This was the box installed by tech, now just showed up was talking to tech support got hung up on and now trying to figure this out. I have gone through all the self troubleshoot and all. Does the set top box need to be reprovisioned?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi BSUBBIE86,

I'm sorry about the trouble with your TV receiver. Please send me your account information to ATTU-VerseCare to help you ensure this box is provisioned correctly.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

same here, getting error code.  can you help?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.