Getting Error message ""This set top box does not match the account settings"

Contributor

Getting Error message ""This set top box does not match the account settings"

Just ordered a new wireless receiver for the bedroom. Installed it and now getting the following error "This set top box does not match the account settings". Service was suppose to be enabled on Monday the 4th, but I recieved the hardware early and turned it on. I've since rebooted and unplugged and tried everything to no avail. Any thoughts on how I might get this to work?

Regards,

Rick

Message 1 of 65
Contributor

Re: Getting Error message ""This set top box does not match the account settings"

I did the same thing and also having the same problem. Can you fix my box?

Message 16 of 65
Employee

Re: Getting Error message ""This set top box does not match the account settings"

Hi @tswilbert1 

I'll be glad to help you with this. I'll be sending you a Private Message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 65
Contributor

We have the same issue with our wireless receiver.  Please help me get it back online.

Thanks!

Nortontex

Message 18 of 65
Highlighted
Community Support

Hi @nortontex,

I would be glad to assist you with this issue. I will have my team send you a Private Message to help resolve this issue.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 19 of 65
Contributor

I have same problem with set box does not match account setting
Message 20 of 65
Employee

Hi @Canman187 

Yours should be good to go now! Could you unplug the power cord for 30 seconds and then plug it back in? It's going to ask you run an update, select "Update Now" and it will go through the standard reboot screens and Live TV will be up & running! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Employee Contributor*
Message 21 of 65
Contributor

Sir, I too received two wireless boxes and attempted to set one of them up early. That one does not work with the same error msg as the original post that set top box does not match account settings. The 2nd wireless box ( which I installed later) works like a champ. Please adjust if possible as you did for original post
Message 22 of 65
Community Support

Hi @Mmckeeh,

We apologize for the inconveniences, but I will be happy to assist in getting that fixed for you. I will send you a private message, so we can gather account information and get this fixed.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
Message 23 of 65
Contributor

Please help me. I too am having the same issues with my wireless receivers "account unavailable" "this set top box does not match the account settings" customer service can't help when I actually get them to answer.

Thank you kindly. Will.
Message 24 of 65
Community Support

Hi @daviswilliam 

Sorry to hear that your also experiencing this issue but, I was able to locate your U-verse account and remove the Error code and set the activation order to today. All you need to do now is unplug/replug the box and it'll run through the update process and you'll be good to go! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
Message 25 of 65
Tutor

I have same problem with the error "This set box does not match the account settings." Can you help?

Message 26 of 65
Community Support

Hello ajayajay,

I can help you take care of that, please send me your account number to make any necessary corrections on our systems and have you try activating the receiver again.

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Employee Contributor*
Message 27 of 65
Tutor

Hi,

My account number is: *** (removed for your security)

Thank you.

Message 28 of 65
Community Support

Thank you ajayajay! Please check your private messages for an update.

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Employee Contributor*
Message 29 of 65
Tutor

Where do I find the "private message"? In my inbox it says "you have no private messages."

Message 30 of 65
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that!

Click here to check it out or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. You can quickly and easily resolve your service woes!

Do you need to contact us? Chat with us!

Additional Support