For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
rickmitt's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 6th, 2013 8:00 PM

Getting Error message ""This set top box does not match the account settings"

Just ordered a new wireless receiver for the bedroom. Installed it and now getting the following error "This set top box does not match the account settings". Service was suppose to be enabled on Monday the 4th, but I recieved the hardware early and turned it on. I've since rebooted and unplugged and tried everything to no avail. Any thoughts on how I might get this to work?

Regards,

Rick

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I did the same thing and having the same problem. Can you fix my box?

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

10 years ago

Hi @pcoffey3581 

I'll be glad to help you with this. I'll be sending you a Private Message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! 🙂

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Disclaimer: If you are receiving this via email, please do not respond to the email, as we will not be able to see the response. Please reply to the Private Message directly from here at the forums.att.com website.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I did the same thing and also having the same problem. Can you fix my box?

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

10 years ago

Hi @tswilbert1 

I'll be glad to help you with this. I'll be sending you a Private Message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! 🙂

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

We have the same issue with our wireless receiver.  Please help me get it back online.

Thanks!

Nortontex

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @nortontex,

I would be glad to assist you with this issue. I will have my team send you a Private Message to help resolve this issue.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have same problem with set box does not match account setting

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

10 years ago

Hi @Canman187 

Yours should be good to go now! Could you unplug the power cord for 30 seconds and then plug it back in? It's going to ask you run an update, select "Update Now" and it will go through the standard reboot screens and Live TV will be up & running! 🙂

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Sir, I too received two wireless boxes and attempted to set one of them up early. That one does not work with the same error msg as the original post that set top box does not match account settings. The 2nd wireless box ( which I installed later) works like a champ. Please adjust if possible as you did for original post

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @Mmckeeh,

We apologize for the inconveniences, but I will be happy to assist in getting that fixed for you. I will send you a private message, so we can gather account information and get this fixed.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.