rickmitt's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 6th, 2013 8:00 PM

Getting Error message ""This set top box does not match the account settings"

Just ordered a new wireless receiver for the bedroom. Installed it and now getting the following error "This set top box does not match the account settings". Service was suppose to be enabled on Monday the 4th, but I recieved the hardware early and turned it on. I've since rebooted and unplugged and tried everything to no avail. Any thoughts on how I might get this to work?

Regards,

Rick

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi rickmitt,

I am glad they were able to deliver your box ahead of time. With our system, it does not allow for it to plug in early, but it is definitely something we can fix. I have corrected it on our end, and you should be able to reboot your receiver, and when the Service Connection Error Screen comes up, just press 'OK' on the receiver to Try Again.

Let us know how it goes.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Awesome. Thank you. I will try that tonight and let you know.

Best Regards

Rick

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi rickmitt,

I see that the new Set Top Box appears to be active now. I am glad everything is up and running. Let us know if you are having any other issues, and I will be glad to help.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I got a new ISB7005 wireless receiver for the bedroom and paired it with my Wireless Access Point. After a long while, I get the following error "This set top box does not match the account settings". I rebooted and unplugged and tried everything to no avail. How do I get this to work?

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi asayson,

I apologize for the inconveniences. I will be sending you a private message to gather your account information, so I can get this issue resolved for you.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi we recieved a new wireless box and 12/29/2013 at 7pm is our activation date and time we did not install the box until after 8 and have tried several times of unplugging, but it still shows up on the screen as this set top box does not match account settings. How can I fix this problem?

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I have same issue. Message won't go away. I did wait until after activation time. I have unplugged, pushed button to no avail. .?

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi cfedwkr,

We apologize about the issues you are having with your set top box. I will have my team send you a private message, so we can assist you with this issue further.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I am getting the same error message, "This set top box does not match the account settings".  Activation date was 02/04/2014 7pm.  I installed the box today, 02/05/2014.  Please assist.

thanks,

Mike

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi Mike, 

I am sorry for the troubles you are having. I will have my team send you a message to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.