9051archer's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, July 17th, 2014 9:01 PM

Closed

Free movies

Why doesnt AT &T have free movies grouped as such? They told me there are free movies but they're mixed in with he pay movies. Ugh, like I have the time to go through and see what is a free one. Get with it !!! Offer what Comcast does and please more than 2!

Also why doesn't On Demand have same day as the theater option? Other cable companies do.

Im kind of regretting my change to U verse.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Who has same day as theater?  I read that Direct was thinking about it.  

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

9051archer - You can do either -

Free shows/free movies

or

Movies/free movies

But, I only see six or seven

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T on demand is nothing like Comcast on demand. I prefer Uverse but if on demand was my main concern I would go back to Comcast.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@hex731 wrote:

AT&T on demand is nothing like Comcast on demand. I prefer Uverse but if on demand was my main concern I would go back to Comcast.

I agree.  Fortunately, On Demand is not critical for me.  With U300, there is lots to watch, live and VoD.

I'm still wondering about the OP's statement about a TV provider with VoD - same day as theater.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

If there is a company that does offer same day as theater (which there isn't one) you would be paying out the wazoo for that movie. I read that the distrubitiors would charge home users somewhere around $60 for a 1-2 day rental for a still in theater movie.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@americangame wrote:

If there is a company that does offer same day as theater (which there isn't one) you would be paying out the wazoo for that movie. I read that the distrubitiors would charge home users somewhere around $60 for a 1-2 day rental for a still in theater movie.

That is my thinking.  I do recall Direct mentioning that they hoped to have a deal with some Hollywood companies to do that but that was like 5 years ago.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

This months AARP magazine says the same day as theater movies are 8.99.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

On  demand should offer alot of free movies, not six or seven. Comcast/x- finity offered a whole library with basic service.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@9051archer wrote:

This months AARP magazine says the same day as theater movies are 8.99.

I found the movie you are talking about. This movie is available on-demand today (and has a very small theatrical presence) because of the type of movie it is and who is distributing it. Major blockbusters will never be released VOD on the same day as its theatrical debut.

If you want more "free" movies, upgrade your package to U300 or U450 and you'll have access to some of the premium movie channels.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.