CPav's profile

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, February 16th, 2012 8:45 PM

Fox Sports Midwest - Cardinals Blackout 2012

Have the issues that led to 20 Cardinals games being blacked out last season been resolved?

Scholar

• 

373 Messages

12 years ago

I think FSMW stinks...   they decided to steal the games away from another channel... and when they do it.. they breach the contracts they have to get more money.  

What's next?  When teams make the playoffs are they going to start blacking those out to get more money from the carriers because they are extra games?  

And not all of the cable companies caved in to pay for just the 20 extra games, their contracts were over, so the new contract 'covered' those 20 games.

(Sigh - regardless, it is the Cardinals fans that suffer... wish the team could pressure FSMW to stop blacking out the games.)

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

12 years ago

@bailorg wrote:

You forgot the fifth event:

Every other provider, including tiny bit-players most people have never heard of, in the St. Louis metro area agrees to these supposedly exorbinant fees.

Um, no.  There are 21 providers listed by the Cardinals as not carrying these affected games. AT&T is only one of them.  And if all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you jump off, too?

@bailorg wrote:

Oh, and for the people claiming that FSNMW is in "breach of contract", I would doubt this since the screen doesn't go blank during the games in question.  FSNMW does air some rather lousy alternate content during these blocked games.

Which just goes to illustrate the FSMW is the party that has full control of whether AT&T gets these games or not as it is giving AT&T a feed without them.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Spoiler

Frustrating..... Cards  games blacked out...........

We have waited all winter for Cardinal's the games to start and listened to all the spring training we could on the radio. When the season starts we the fans are turned away because of an unsolved business deal.  This shouldn't involve the fans!!

AT&T needs to come to an agreement with FSMW as the others have and keep the fans with their baseball.

AT&T should reimbuse us for the games not seen since we weren't getting our service as we paid for it.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@craig2914 wrote:

just so we're clear ... you're saying what ATT is doing with the cardinals games in the st louis market is not misrepresentation? petty political idiocy? outright lying to paying customers?

in light of the fact that every other major carrier came across with the few extra coins to keep their customers happy, I'm just curious as to how the ATT spokesman can justify their actions in any way shape or form?

I'm curious as to how any of what you said is true? Misrepresntation? How, they carry FSMW and 142 - nationally carried Cardinal games.  Petty politial idiocy?  Nope, it's all about the benajamins.  AT&T and FSMW has a contract in place and now FSMW wants more money. AT&T ain't buying.  Lying? How are they lying?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

lawh wrote:

AT&T should reimbuse us for the games not seen since we weren't getting our service as we paid for it. 

Perhaps FSMW should reimburse AT&T part of the carriage fees paid to them since they are choosing to withhold those 20 Cardinals from the programming provided to U-verse.

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

12 years ago

If the agreement was for 140 games then FSMW owes AT&T nothing and is well within their rights to request more money for the extra games.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@Ish Kabibble wrote:
If the agreement was for 140 games then FSMW owes AT&T nothing and is well within their rights to request more money for the extra games.

That's an odd comment.  FSMW will broadcast 150 Cardinals games this year.  20 of those games will be withheld from U-verse because FSMW wants additional compensation to provide those games.  Thus, 130 of the 150 games broadcast by FSMW will be available on U-verse.

By the way, have you read the contract between AT&T and FSMW?

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

12 years ago

No and neither have you. If the contract signed between AT&T and FSMW was for the 130 games then the additional games are not part of that. Agreement . I must be right or fox would not have been able to charge all these providers for the additional games. But no I have not read that agreement and neither have you.

Scholar

• 

373 Messages

12 years ago

Since it was a multi year contract, and FoxSports would not know what and how many games they would be broadcasting in future years, I doubt that kind of deteail would be in the contract.    But since AT&T is not suing FSMW for breach of contract there must be some wording that allows for this stunt of blacking out certain games.    (Kinda like AT&Ts terms of up to certain speeds for internet, changing of package pricing each year... yada yada yada.)

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@Ish Kabibble wrote:
No and neither have you. If the contract signed between AT&T and FSMW was for the 130 games then the additional games are not part of that. Agreement . I must be right or fox would not have been able to charge all these providers for the additional games. But no I have not read that agreement and neither have you.

You correct.  I have not read the agreement and neither have you; therefore, you can't speculate about the details of the agreement.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.