For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
CPav's profile

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, February 16th, 2012 8:45 PM

Fox Sports Midwest - Cardinals Blackout 2012

Have the issues that led to 20 Cardinals games being blacked out last season been resolved?

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

12 years ago

U has turned imto a corporate first service. The 20 games is a drop in the bucket. Switch service. Voting with your dollars is the only way to go.o

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

@dian1950 wrote:

U has turned imto a corporate first service. The 20 games is a drop in the bucket. Switch service. Voting with your dollars is the only way to go.o

Do you intend to follow your own advice, and switch services?  As you say, 20 games is a drop in the bucket, so I have no intention of switching services. for just 20 games. And believe me, I am just as big of a Cardinal fan as anyone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I don't know who to believe. I called UVERSE and was told they would not confirm any games will be shown, and Charter told me they were scheduled to show only 40! Direct TV said they are showing all of them.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

@jdmhamom wrote:
I don't know who to believe. I called UVERSE and was told they would not confirm any games will be shown, and Charter told me they were scheduled to show only 40! Direct TV said they are showing all of them.

As of today, U-Verse will show all Cardinal games that are on the Fox Saturday Game of the Week that would normally be seen in St. Louis, all Cardinal games that are on ESPN that would normally be seen in St. Louis, and all games that would be seen in St. Louis on Fox Sports Midwest other than the 20 games that are in the contract dispute.

If the contract dispute between AT&T and Fox Sports Midwest is fixed, then you would be able to see all 162 Cardinal games on television, not 142 Cardinal games.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

With the start of the Cardinal's regular season starting in  two and a half weeks, has Fox Sports Midwest released a list of the twenty games it will be blacking out on U-Verse? I would imagine that the list will not be released until the actual start of the season in order to give time for a possible solution to the conflict between AT&T and Fox Sports Midwest.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

12 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@dian1950 wrote:

Do you intend to follow your own advice, and switch services?  As you say, 20 games is a drop in the bucket, so I have no intention of switching services. for just 20 games. And believe me, I am just as big of a Cardinal fan as anyone.

I don't live in St.Louis but if U was the only service in the Chicago market not broadcasting a set of Cub or Sox games, the YES i would switch immediately

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

@dian1950 wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

@dian1950 wrote:

I don't live in St.Louis but if U was the only service in the Chicago market not broadcasting a set of Cub or Sox games, the YES i would switch immediately

I have never seen a positive post on your part about U-Verse in any thread that you have contributed to. All of your posts seem to be very negative, and you even urge others to switch providers. Why are you still a U-Verse subscriber if the service is that bad? I know if I was so down on something that I subscirbe to as you appear to be,  I would switch providers immediately.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@dian1950 wrote:

Since, per your message below, you have switched to DirecTV or Comcast because U-verse has not added back the Hallmark Channel, why do you continue to post your negative messages on the forum?

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Post-about-the-Hallmark-channel-here/m-p/2650743#M63975

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

In today's St. Louis Post-Dispatch and on it's web site stltoday.com, sports media columnist, Dan Caesar, revealed the list of the twenty Cardinal games that will be blocked out this season on U-Verse by Fox Sports Midwest.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/dan-caesar/cardinals-games-blacked-out-on-at-t-u-verse/article_0473c53c-7a1f-11e1-96f4-0019bb30f31a.html

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Another year of missing key games (cards, brewers) through August. I am not sticking around for another year of it!

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/dan-caesar/cardinals-games-blacked-out-on-at-t-u-verse/article_0473c53c-7a1f-11e1-96f4-0019bb30f31a.html 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.