CPav's profile

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, February 16th, 2012 8:45 PM

Fox Sports Midwest - Cardinals Blackout 2012

Have the issues that led to 20 Cardinals games being blacked out last season been resolved?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Good news for Cardinal fans!  A deal has been reached:

St. Louis Cardinals fans with AT&T U-verse can breath a sigh of relief.

AT&T released a statement Friday saying they had reached an agreement with FSN Midwest to carry the remaining 18 St. Louis Cardinals game that were initially subject to black outs.

AT&T says that U-verse customers will now have access to these games, beginning with this Sunday's game between the St. Louis Cardinals and Chicago Cubs.

The struggle between AT&T and FSN Midwest blacked out 20 games last season. The companies had yet to reach an agreement the past week, blacking out 2 games this season.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/315695/3/ATT-U-verse-reaches-agreement-with-FSN-Midwest-to-carry-Cardinals-games

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

@CPav wrote:

Have the issues that led to 20 Cardinals games being blacked out last season been resolved?

I am glad you saw my post on Cards Talk in response to your post. The poster on Cards Talk posted information from last year. So far there is no answer on Cards Talk or on this forum about this year.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

Yep.  Thanks for the tip.

I'll probably call them at some point over the weekend.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

If they don't get this figured out I'll have to change to another TV service.  It would be ridiculous to let this go on another year.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Looks like all games will be televised based on a 2/16 Cardinal Press article.  FSM will broadcast 150 games; 10 games will be nationally televised; the remaining 2 games (7/22 & 8/12) will be on either FSM or ESPN.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

@jonalan1 wrote:

Looks like all games will be televised based on a 2/16 Cardinal Press article.  FSM will broadcast 150 games; 10 games will be nationally televised; the remaining 2 games (7/22 & 8/12) will be on either FSM or ESPN.

I read the same article. However, the article does not pertain to U-Verse specifically. Essentially, all 162 Cardinal games will be available on television. That does not mean that if the contract problem between AT&T and Fox Sports Midwest from last year still remains, U-Verse will be able to televise all 150 Fox Sports Midwest Cardinal games.

I have yet to see an answer if the contract problem between AT&T and Fox Sports Midwest has been resolved.

Here is the 2/16 press release from the Cardinals's website.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120216&content_id=26709092&vkey=pr_stl&c_id=stl

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

Fox Sports Midwest is reporting channels 748, 1748 on ATT Uverse on their website currently.

http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/pages/channelfinder/ 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

Fox Sports Midwest is reporting channels 748, 1748 on ATT Uverse on their website currently.

Chris

1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Chris, the question asked is "will there be another blackout of 20 Cardinal games from Fox Sports Midwest on U-Verse this season like there was last season?" I have still not found any definitive answer to this question, and whether the dispute between AT&T and Fox Sports Midwest has been resolved.

No doubt at least 130 of the 150  of the Cardinal games on Fox Sports Midwest will be televised on U-Verse? What about the additional 20 that were blacked out last year?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

Chris, the question asked is "will there be another blackout of 20 Cardinal games from Fox Sports Midwest on U-Verse this season like there was last season?" I have still not found any definitive answer to this question, and whether the dispute between AT&T and Fox Sports Midwest has been resolved.

No doubt at least 130 of the 150  of the Cardinal games on Fox Sports Midwest will be televised on U-Verse? What about the additional 20 that were blacked out last year?

So, was FSM listing the channels on ATT Uverse last year when these problems were occuring?  Do you get these channels now?  If yes, why do you think they will blackout games this year?

There is no agreement between ATT and ST.Louis, just ATT w/FSM.  Cardinals games are on FSM and you should be able to watch all the games on FSM. 😉

Chris

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

So, was FSM listing the channels on ATT Uverse last year when these problems were occuring?  Do you get these channels now?  If yes, why do you think they will blackout games this year?

There is no agreement between ATT and ST.Louis, just ATT w/FSM.  Cardinals games are on FSM and you should be able to watch all the games on FSM. 😉

You might want to read the thread below to familiarize yourself with what they are discussing in this thread.

http://forums.att.com/t5/TV-Programming/Uverse-could-black-out-up-to-20-Cardinals-games/m-p/2732739

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.