Fox Sports 2 HD

Expert

Fox Sports 2 HD

[ Edited ]

I notice that in the Guide, 1651 - Fox Sports 2 HD is now actually being broadcast in HD.

Message 1 of 23 (2,907 Views)

Re: Fox Sports 2 HD

Codycooper where are you?  I see the doubting codycooper is rather absent lately with the addition of a few channels.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 16 of 23 (2,555 Views)
Scholar

A bit OT but happened to go to 1653 supposedly in HD which I was able to view on my SD account.  What up with that?

Message 17 of 23 (2,535 Views)
Expert

wptski wrote:

A bit OT but happened to go to 1653 supposedly in HD which I was able to view on my SD account.  What up with that?

Yes, it is off topic for this thread.  You should have started a new thread.

Regardless, this weekend there is a free preview of Fox Scoccer Plus (channel 1653) which is available to all subscribers whether or not you subscribe to HD service.

Message 18 of 23 (2,526 Views)
Expert

wptski wrote:

Are you watching on an HDTV?  

By the way, if you do not subscribe to HD service, I would be curious to know how the U-verse receiver is connected to the TV.  Are you using:  1) HDMI cable; 2) Component cable (red, green, blue); 3) Composite cable (red, white, yellow); or 4) Coaxial cable?

Message 19 of 23 (2,524 Views)
Scholar

To answer your OT question, I'm using a HDMI cable to a HD TV which is better than using composite input.

Message 20 of 23 (2,507 Views)
Highlighted

wptski wrote:

To answer your OT question, I'm using a HDMI cable to a HD TV which is better than using composite input.

Yes HDMI is 100% for HD than composite since composite is not HD.  There is no difference in picture quality between component and HDMI. Composite is Red, Yellow, White.  Component is Red, Blue, Green.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 21 of 23 (2,456 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

oufanindallas wrote:
Yes HDMI is 100% for HD than composite since composite is not HD.  There is no difference in picture quality between component and HDMI. Composite is Red, Yellow, White.  Component is Red, Blue, Green.

I beg to differ but I'm not going to argue the point.

Message 22 of 23 (2,453 Views)
ACE - Expert

The superiority of HDMI over Component or Component over HDMI depends on too many factors to get into.  Which is better is largely subjective, unless you're trying to carry content that needs more bandwidth than component can handle.  No U-verse STB sends more content than Component can handle.

Component cannot handle all the content in a 1080p BluRay signal.

Component cannot carry an audio signal.

Component requires more cable connections on each end.

Component never suffers from a breakdown in feature negotiation between the devices.

Component doesn't suffer from the "crushed black" issue.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 23 of 23 (2,372 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.