SaintEv's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 3:11 PM

Closed

Fox Sports 1

Any idea if Uverse will be offering this channel? Read it is replacing Speed.  As fellow sports fans are aware ATT lags behind other companies offering sports programming but this looks to be a huge competitor to ESPN. Hope they add this .

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

From the linke below:

If the app does offer live streaming, then it might end up being one of the hardest working apps on your phone. Starting next year, there will be 26 Saturdays with regular season baseball being broadcast, along with playoff games. And a live look-in show (similar to Red Zone) will be shown. There will also be College Football, NASCAR starting in 2015, soccer and more. Meanwhile,Variety pointed out on Thursday that the WatchESPN app for the Apple iPad has added a toolbar with stats, scores and on-demand clips.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/App-for-new-Fox-Sports-1-network-coming-soon-with-live-streaming-video-scores-and-more_id46472

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

From the linke below:

If the app does offer live streaming, then it might end up being one of the hardest working apps on your phone. Starting next year, there will be 26 Saturdays with regular season baseball being broadcast, along with playoff games. And a live look-in show (similar to Red Zone) will be shown. There will also be College Football, NASCAR starting in 2015, soccer and more. Meanwhile,Variety pointed out on Thursday that the WatchESPN app for the Apple iPad has added a toolbar with stats, scores and on-demand clips.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/App-for-new-Fox-Sports-1-network-coming-soon-with-live-streaming-video-scores-and-more_id46472

Now the question is will those 26 Saturday games during the regular season be an addition to the already existing  Saturday Fox Game of the Week or will they replace the already existing Saturday Fox Game of the Week?

Hopefully, it will be an evening addition to the existing Saturday day game (once in a while the game of the week is at night).

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Guru

• 

622 Messages

11 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

Now the question is will those 26 Saturday games during the regular season be an addition to the already existing  Saturday Fox Game of the Week or will they replace the already existing Saturday Fox Game of the Week?

Hopefully, it will be an evening addition to the existing Saturday day game (once in a while the game of the week is at night).

I was under the impression that Fox's Saturday games in July and August were always night games, as Fox wanted to air them in prime time.

My guess is, whether or not Fox keeps its "game of the week" depends on what Fox thinks will get higher ratings - baseball, or reruns.

Also, I am under the impression that whatever League Championship Series Fox airs next year will be on FS1, so it doesn't mess up Fox's normal broadcast schedule.  (The World Series will remain on the main Fox netwrork.)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

So I am paying for Fox Sports 1 and 2, but I cannot get live coverage of MLS soccer and US National soccer? Uverse needs to resolve this contract asap or lose a 10 year customer.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

Instead of creating yet another new thread on this same topic, please search the forum for dozens of existing threads.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.