Bawamo's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 25th, 2015 1:09 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 1 Channel

Why doesn't ATT Uverse carry Fox Sports 1 channel? 

Accepted Solution

Guru

• 

921 Messages

9 years ago

They do, they just don't carry Xfinity races because FS1 is trying to "raise the rent in the middle of the lease" so to speak.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@Bawamo wrote:

Why doesn't ATT Uverse carry Fox Sports 1 channel? 

Why do people ask questions like this? When you go to the channel if says "FS!" at the bottom of the screen for a second or so. In addition, it says Fox Sports 1 on  the screen when you watch the channel.

All you have to do is use your eyes, and you will see that U-verse has Fox Sports 1 in it's channel lineup. You probably already knew it, but wanted to post just to post.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I think this question comes up because of advertising of specific sports events, and when we tune in to the channel, the programming is totally different than expected.  For example, the problem right now is that ATT UVERSE thinks they are supplying Fox Sports 1 Channel, but the feed as seen on other providers promises things like women's international soccer (like today, allegedly US vs New Zealand at 2:30 EDT.), followed by an MLS match, but the channel that is supposed to be carrying this live feed (652) is instead carrying international DARTS. Yes, like the bar game, with a target and sharp pointy feathered projectiles.

...And this is NOT the first time this has happened.  The last two friendlies that the USA team has played and been "exclusively" on FOX Sports 1, Channel 652 has been featuring DARTS tournaments...

The World Cup (world championship) is scheduled for this summer, June and July, and all matches are supposed to be on Fox Sports 1.  We URGENTLY need ATT UVERSE and FOX Sports to resolve this mixup (or sabotage), or let paying customers know why this difference in expectations is happening (and clue in the US Soccer Federation, who thinks these live broadcast games are actually getting through to their fans)

PS - I see that Fox Sports 2 is replaying the game at 10pm tonight.  Still not acceptable as the promoted LIVE feed at 2:30pm.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@BabgerDad_b=d It's Ireland vs US women, not New Zealand.  By the way the last women's match was replayed on FS2 2 days later.  I did not seek the score and was pleasantly surprised at the 2-0 US victory. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Why has u-verse not carring xfinity race in iowa.This is getting to the point of leaving ATT for good. ATT lied about carring the races when I signed up last year for 2 years!!  There should not be a penalty for leaving when ATT does not live up to there side of the agreement!! 

Bob Dill

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@BCDill wrote:

Why has u-verse not carring xfinity race in iowa.This is getting to the point of leaving ATT for good. ATT lied about carring the races when I signed up last year for 2 years!!  There should not be a penalty for leaving when ATT does not live up to there side of the agreement!! 

Bob Dill

ATT didn't lie, carriers of the races changed and FS1 tried to extort more $$ from Uverse to carry any programs that had never been on any Fox channel before.  ATT balked, so FS1 started sending darts during those programs.

You will still pay any penalty as you are getting the FS1 feed meant for ATT Uverse. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am a new suscriber and have had more issues trying watch or record the races. The service has been awful more than ready to pay the fine to go back to bright house.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I get everything else that i don"t need on FS1 but not the xfinity. My question when i signed up was will uverse carry all the races on u300 and then the answer from uverse was yes that is what i signed up for!!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

Do you really need yet another new thread on this same topic?  Please search the forum and see the discussions in dozens of existing threads.  Nothing new is being said here.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@BCDill wrote:
I get everything else that i don"t need on FS1 but not the xfinity. My question when i signed up was will uverse carry all the races on u300 and then the answer from uverse was yes that is what i signed up for!!

As I stated before, you are getting what FS1 is sending to Uverse.  ESPN no longer does the Infinity (former Nationwide series they did carry) series.  May 23/30 Infinity races will be on Fox locals, then NBC/NBCSN takes over Jul 4 and Uverse has stated they will carry all of them.

Not seeing the Infinity races just reminded me I really didn't care for them that much, take em or leave em.  Some'll say they are the future of Nascar, but you find out about them anyway if they are that great, like Erik Jones.

What the rep told you last year was correct, you got the Nationwide series on ESPNs. 😉

Chris

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.