For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
lauren.formoe's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, June 28th, 2014 1:45 AM

Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus - World Cup

Im happy to know that ATT UVERSE TV is showing the World Cup and have dedicated listings for it. My expereince with watching the World Cup with ATT has been awesome. Though, am I missing something or what channels are Fox Soccer and/or Fox Soccer Plus? Can any one help?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

Fox Soccer is no more, FS+ is  on channel 1653

Fox dropped Fox Soccer, not AT&T.  Fox Soccer lost the Premier League to NBC and the closed up. It was replaced by FXX and the remainder of programming was either discontued or moved to FS1 and FS2.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@lauren.formoe wrote:

This must've happen during our move this last year. We are huge soccer/futbol fans in our house. We have been used to watching things on FoxSoccer. But when we got ATT, we noticed it was gone. So now that we realize it was taken down, and now reaplced or distributed through other channels, we have to switch between different networks to watch we want. Which is ok, we have our system down, it was just easier to watch everything on Fox. With that being said, GO TEAM USA!!!! 🙂 Tomorrow is Bel vs USA! I think we have a very good chance!

NBCSN (640/1640) and BeIN (662/166/) will be your best bets to watch soccer outside of the world cup..

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

@lauren.formoe wrote:

This must've happen during our move this last year. We are huge soccer/futbol fans in our house. We have been used to watching things on FoxSoccer. But when we got ATT, we noticed it was gone. So now that we realize it was taken down, and now reaplced or distributed through other channels, we have to switch between different networks to watch we want. Which is ok, we have our system down, it was just easier to watch everything on Fox. With that being said, GO TEAM USA!!!! 🙂 Tomorrow is Bel vs USA! I think we have a very good chance!

NBCSN (640/1640) and BeIN (662/166/) will be your best bets to watch soccer outside of the world cup..

UEFA Champions League will be on FOX Sports One, FOX Sports Two, Fox Deportes, Fox Soccer Plus and FOX Sports Net. The catch is that they'll usually show four games max. I want to say the "main game" is usually either on FS1 or FS Net, but I'm not sure which. FS Net will generally not "black out" unless there is some sort of breaking news situation that is happening regionally. In all cases, if you have the HD Premium package, you'll be able to switch to another channel in the 1700's and watch there. (FWIW, some FS regional channels will be "ahead" of other ones and I've also noticed the sound quality can vary from channel to channel...if you get them all, search for which one works best.) Some of these FS Net channels will reair games later that night...these are also not blacked out.

They also have a highlight show which airs a few hours after the games end and a "magazine show" which is more about the lifestyle of the players which airs on Fridays during the season.

Of course, ESPN channels will be the home of US Soccer (although FOX gets the next World Cup). ESPN also has MLS action. FWIW, ESPN3 is getting MLS's out-of-market package next year.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Actually Fox Soccer became FXX. Speed became Fox Sports One and Fuel became Fox Sports 

Two.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

This is a most peculiar thread. Anyone who knows about Fox Soccer Plus is probably a big-time soccer fan. I would expect that big-time soccer fans would have known that the rights to the 2014 FIFA World Cup are held by ESPN/ABC (English) and Univision (Spanish.) It appears the original poster realizes this.

Now, if you want Australian football, rugby and darts, then Fox Soccer Plus is for you. They *are* showing soccer this month, but it's CONCACAF Champions League and UEFA Champions League repeats.

I'm struggling to wonder why anyone would be interested in Fox Soccer Plus at this time. It will be interesting to see what happens to Fox Soccer Plus over the next year or two.

That whole transition was odd. Fox Soccer became FXX, but you can see the transition here:

http://deadspin.com/watch-fox-soccer-channel-die-in-the-most-undignified-ma-1239477201

Here is the transition from Speed to Fox Sports 1:

http://deadspin.com/speed-is-dead-fox-sports-1-is-alive-and-heres-the-sa-1158620909

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

This is a most peculiar thread. Anyone who knows about Fox Soccer Plus is probably a big-time soccer fan. I would expect that big-time soccer fans would have known that the rights to the 2014 FIFA World Cup are held by ESPN/ABC (English) and Univision (Spanish.) It appears the original poster realizes this.

Now, if you want Australian football, rugby and darts, then Fox Soccer Plus is for you. They *are* showing soccer this month, but it's CONCACAF Champions League and UEFA Champions League repeats.

I'm struggling to wonder why anyone would be interested in Fox Soccer Plus at this time. It will be interesting to see what happens to Fox Soccer Plus over the next year or two.

That whole transition was odd. Fox Soccer became FXX, but you can see the transition here:

http://deadspin.com/watch-fox-soccer-channel-die-in-the-most-undignified-ma-1239477201

Here is the transition from Speed to Fox Sports 1:

http://deadspin.com/speed-is-dead-fox-sports-1-is-alive-and-heres-the-sa-1158620909

I have thought about getting it for the Rugby, not soccer.  While I will root for Team USA, I have a hard time watching soccer on TV.  It's different when you are at the game, but even still US soccer can never match the fans at a EUFA  match.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.