February Carriage Agreements

Expert

February Carriage Agreements

From the link below:

Notice Appearing in USA today on February 18, 2014

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on U-verse TV service periodically expire, or may be terminated, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Additionally, from time to time it is necessary to change channel line-ups as well as television package contents. The programming changes set forth below may occur as follows:

February 2014:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after February 2014: HITN (Ch. 3055), MC 70s (Ch. 5128), MC 80s (Ch. 5127), MC 90s (Ch. 5126), MC Adult Alternative (Ch. 5116), MC Alternative (Ch. 5115), MC Blues (Ch. 5143), MC Classic Country (Ch. 5133), MC Classic Rock (Ch. 5118), MC Contemporary Christian (Ch. 5134), MC Country Hits (Ch. 5132), MC Dance/EDM (Ch. 5103), MC Easy Listening (Ch. 5145), MC Gospel (Ch. 5111), MC Hip-Hop and R&B (Ch. 5105), MC Hip-Hop Classics (Ch. 5107), MC Hit List (Ch. 5101), MC Jazz (Ch. 5142), MC Kidz Only (Ch. 5123), MC Light Classical (Ch. 5146), MC Metal (Ch. 5114), MC Mexicana (Ch. 5137), MC Música Urbana (Ch. 5136), MC Party Favorites (Ch. 5121), MC Pop Country (Ch. 5130), MC Pop Hits (Ch. 5120), MC Pop Latino (Ch. 5134), MC Pop Rhythmic (Ch. 5102), MC R&B Classics (Ch. 5109), MC R&B Soul (Ch. 5110), MC Rap (Ch. 5106), MC Reggae (Ch. 5112), MC Rock (Ch. 5113), MC Rock Hits (Ch. 5117), MC Singers & Swing (Ch. 5144), MC Smooth Jazz (Ch. 5141), MC Soft Rock (Ch. 5119), MC Solid Gold Oldies (Ch. 5129), MC Sounds of the Season (Ch. 5139), MC Soundscapes (Ch. 5140), MC Today’s Country (Ch. 5131), MC Toddler Tunes (Ch. 5124), MC Tropicales (Ch. 5138), MC Y2K (Ch. 5125), MC Throwback Jamz (Ch. 5108), MCU (Ch. 5104), Music Choice App (Ch. 500 and 1500), Music Choice Play (Ch. 501, 1501 and 5100), and Teen MC (Ch. 5122).

Effective on or after February 1, 2014, TV Colombia (Ch. 3026) will be rebranded as Nuestra Tele.

March 2014:

Effective on or after March 20, 2014, BIO (Ch. 292 & 1292) may move to Ch. 493 and 1493.

April 2014:

AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after April 2014: Inspiration Network (Ch. 564)

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html

Message 1 of 21 (1,569 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: February Carriage Agreements

can anyone tell me where to find the most recent carriage agreements?

I always like to keep up to date since I sometimes get customers asking if certain channels are available on U-verse.

I am an employee who can not get U-verse, so I have to find other means of keeping up to date

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 16 of 21 (768 Views)
ACE - Professor

flutist1963 wrote:

can anyone tell me where to find the most recent carriage agreements?

I always like to keep up to date since I sometimes get customers asking if certain channels are available on U-verse.

I am an employee who can not get U-verse, so I have to find other means of keeping up to date

Texasguy does a great job of posting them to this forum. The link is always included in the first post or at http://www.uversechannels.com/national-legal-description

The information is usually released on the third Tuesday of each month, although it has been late a couple times recently.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 21 (763 Views)
Scholar

JefferMC wrote:

baseballisback wrote:

texasguy37 wrote:

From the link below:

Notice Appearing in USA today on February 18, 2014

March 2014:

Effective on or after March 20, 2014, BIO (Ch. 292 & 1292) may move to Ch. 493 and 1493.

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html

Yesterday, I was looking through the channels on my secondary TV (which I use a lot), and I saw that 292 and 1292 were unblocked. At first, I thought it was a recently added HD channel, then I realized that wasn't true... I didn't check my primary TV yet to see if the same thing happened on it.

So....why was 292 unblocked all of a sudden? Was it related to the move which never happened?

The potential move to 493/1493 may have been in concert with an AT&T proposal to move them to a different tier during contract negotiations.  The resolution of the contract negotiations may have been to leave them where they were and provide them to a lower tier than before, which resulted in you seeing them.  It should be said that I haven't a clue whether any of this is the case, I"m just speculating given the information provided in this thread.

The move to 493/1493 will coincide with A&E Networks' format-change of BIO to FYI, most likely on or about July 7, 2014.

As BIO currently occupies the "Learning"-block (from 250/1250 to 299/1299), it will move into the "Home and Lifestyle"-block (from 450/1450 to 499/1499) since FYI will be a lifestyle network.

A&E may have changed the contract with AT&T for the future plans which would allow a lower payment, opening access to the next-lower tier.  They did exactly this with Comcast, so that everyone without a true "digital box" who opted for one of the "Digital Adapter" (those who get basic-cable level only) would receive BIO.  Naturally A&E belives the format change will lose viewers, and therefore by expanding availability, they may keep those losses smaller.

Message 18 of 21 (689 Views)
Explorer

I agree that music choice would not be a huge loss. I would love to be able to use my SiriusXM instead. Of course if it's going to drive up prices further then it would be a no go for me as it's expensive enough paying for it in my car. 

Message 19 of 21 (686 Views)
Employee

baseballisback & vid30jk...thank you for links

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 20 of 21 (658 Views)
ACE - Professor

Galway18 wrote:

I agree that music choice would not be a huge loss. I would love to be able to use my SiriusXM instead. Of course if it's going to drive up prices further then it would be a no go for me as it's expensive enough paying for it in my car. 

This is from February. The contract with Music Choice was renewed. Nothing to see here...move along... *star wars*

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 21 of 21 (638 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.