oufanindallas's profile
ACE - Master

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

Friday, July 11th, 2014 3:22 PM

Epix is coming to UVerse

Channel surfing this morning and stumbled across this Channels 1891-1894 EpixHD, EpixWH, Epix2H and Epix3H.  Doesn't give a go live date though.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

As of this morning you can sign up for Epix through the account management on your TV.  I have signed up and the cost is 8.00.  It looks like it is going live at 1AM Monday morning.  That is when the guide starts showing the programming.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

the guy that answered me on facebook said something about 8$ to add a bolt? i messaged back for clarification if thats one time or every month ... i was excited to see it tonight when i was flipping thru looking for som,ething to watch .. i wonder if it will have an on demand feature too

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@AngelaCorinne wrote:

the guy that answered me on facebook said something about 8$ to add a bolt? i messaged back for clarification if thats one time or every month ... i was excited to see it tonight when i was flipping thru looking for som,ething to watch .. i wonder if it will have an on demand feature too

Quite possibly but we won't know for a bit.  The reason that I expect that VoD will be featured - and possibly more, is that I recall reading a press release that didn't make much sense, at the time.  It said something along the lines that AT&T was working on a huge deal with a major motion picture group with more streaming than Netflix (paraphrasing).  Wonder if this is all connected?

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

I like that they are adding Epix. The more channel options the better. But for me personally, Imsee no reason to subscribe to it since.I have Netflix streaming. They ought to include it in the u450 package that I have anyway.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Michelle a social media person on Facebook mentioned that if you subscribed when it started you get a free month.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

This is just wrong.  For the amount we already pay for U-450, EPIX should be included.  More gouging from AT&T.

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

10 years ago

It is not wrong. I have the 450 which is what I signed up for. Now it will be my choice to get EPIX or not. Just As I choose not to pay extra for other channels that they offer.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

I got it this morning. The free month thing led me to give it a shot.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Just checked Epix On Demand. 67 offerings.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@AngelaCorinne wrote:

@Yes @AngelaCorinne VoD is available.  I saw the list under "Premium," last night.

@dwinth and @randyr5 Yep, it sure 'nuf is expensive for more movie channels.  I won't be paying to play, as I'm already tapped out with U300.  I was excited when I saw the "coming soon" graphics while flipping through the premiums the other day and then I thought better.  It dawned on me that it would not be in my U300 package.  I am a bit surprised that it's not even included with U450 but not that much.  Wanna know why I think that?  Easy, look who owns Epix!  Some of the main Motion Picture studios own it.  And they seem to be as money hungry as the RIAA.  And the MP Industry wants to know why there is a huge pirating problem.  Sigh.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.