For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ruben6m's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, September 27th, 2014 5:07 AM

English Premier League Soccer for 9/27 on ALT Channels #1691-1697 NOT SHOWING UP AGAIN!

Hi.

I already tried to chat online with customer support but "Aaron" was unable to help me.

Every Saturday morning for the past 2 years, I record 4 to 5 soccer games of the English Premier League. The games are ALWAYS aired by NBCSN (Channel #1640) since they have an agreement with the EPL to broadcast to US viewers. Since most of the games occur at the same time (10AM EST), the 'overflow' games are always shown on the ALT channels (#1691-1697)

This week, Saturday September 27th, 5 out of the 8 games airing at 10AM are nowhere to be found on UVerse's programming guide. To make it worse, this is NOT the first time this has been a problem with UVerse. If you click the link below you can see evidence that there was a weekend in January where this occurred.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/premier-league-extra-time-channels/m-p/3871641#M109253

I have already contacted NBC and they confirmed that they are still on schedule to broadcast the games, like every week.

Please take the time to forward this to the appropriate person, as I do not want to wake up tomorrow and be upset. The games start in less than 12 hours so please act accordingly. I am including the list of games that show up and the ones that are missing from the programming guide. 

The following games show up on the programming guide with no issues

Liverpool vs Everton Channel #1640 NBCSN 740AM 

West Ham United vs Manchester United #1640 NBCSN 10AM 

Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal #1640 NBCSN 1230PM

The following 5 games are nowhere to be found in the programming guide for Saturday 09/27/2014.

They NORMALLY always show up in the ALT channels #1691-1697 at 10AM EST. 

Hull City vs Manchester City 10AM 

Southampton vs QPR 10AM

Chelsea vs Aston Villa 10AM

Crystal Palace vs Leicester City 10AM

Sunderland vs Swansea 10AM

Like I said, this is definitely a UVerse issue and not NBC. When I spoke to Aaron he kept deflecting the issue as an NBC problem. I should not have to take several hours out of my time to let you guys know this is a huge problem for the thousands of people who follow these games. Please fix this issue ASAP. I honestly do not care if they don't show up on the guide but if for some reason they are not aired tomorrow, I will be extremely dissapointed. My zip code is 33326. Not sure if that will help in anyway. Thanks for your time.

-Ruben 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

In Dallas, I see games on 1693 - 1697 even though the Guide does not list the games.  Just tune to those channels.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@ruben6m Have a hunch Big 10 has first rights to the ALT channels as their games are on some of them Sat and have been since many years ago.  The ALT channels were added for the Big 10.

Personally have never seen soccer on them either. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATTUverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

If the Big10 had preference, then I would see the listing for a college football match. The channels all say "off-air" Like I said, I have been able to record 4-5 games every Saturday for the past 2 years no problem. This issue does come up though once or twice a season and it drives me crazy. 

Clearly you are not a soccer fan because you would know that every Saturday morning the EPL games are on the ALT channels between 10AM - 12PM which is before the first college game even starts. England is 5 hours ahead. Did you look at the thread from January? Same exact issue, and the rep acknowledged it was a Uverse issue.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Have the same problem. Only two games today. Nothing on those ALT stations. Went there because I saw on the pre-game show that there were five at 10am and wanted to see if they would all record. Nothing there and nothing on my DVR schedule for those games.

Might have to find a different provider.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm having the same issue.  ATT customer service and tech support are telling me that there might be a possible "blackout" on games being played in England.  This is ridiculous!  Where are my Premier League games.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Blackout? That's why Rebecca Lowe keeps saying to catch the other games on the Alt stations? Nice try UVerse.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I am having the same issue.  I was hoping to watch the Chelsea/Aston Villa game this morning.  I live in Zip Code 75229. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Well, according to an AT&T rep, they ended the contract with NBC/EPL to air the extra time games. How can you possibly not have contract terms extend throughout the season? How can AT&T U-Verse be dropped for Extra Time in the middle of the season without any type of prior notice. To make it worse, NBC advertises both on NBCSN and online that the games will be able to be streamed directly from the Live Extra website or app. Once again, neither of those options help me because I am a AT&T Uverse customer. I am so outraged over this, I really hope you guys work out a solution soon because this is completely unacceptable in so many ways. Think about all the fans, people across the US that can't enjoy the games this weekend. AT&T claims it can take up to a month for negotiations to take place. This is absurd, and unprofessional to be handling this in the MIDDLE of the season. Please find a solution ASAP, I shouldn't have to switch TV providers just to watch these games. I don't need any more inconveniences, I've had enough trying to figure out why the games I record every weekend all of the sudden just disappear. Very frustrated. Cant stand Man U and that is all they are showing. Unbelieveable

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Please people call and email as much as you can about this issue. The only way it will get solved is if enough people complain. That is just they way things work nowadays

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the tip.  I am able to watch the games now.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.