gcotton69's profile

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

Saturday, August 29th, 2015 1:55 PM

ESPN College Extra

Just read a post on ESPN's Media website about this new service starting on Sept 5.  I guess ESPN is no longer going to offer GAMEPLAN and FULLCOURT packages.  It says up to 8 channels will be used each day/week.  It also lists Uvers as one of it's providers.  Just wondering if anyone knows what channels will be used for this and if they will be available in HD.  If I remember correctly, the GAMEPLAN package was only available in SD.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

The message below was posed earlier this month over on the ACE's forum:

Dear Valued AT&T U-verse® Sports Enthusiast,

ESPN will no longer be offering ESPN GamePlan for college football or ESPN FULL COURT for college basketball. However, the programming that was included in those packages will be available on ESPN College Extras, a new channel launching later this summer.

ESPN College Extras will be on channels 614-621 and 1614-1621 (HD) and will be included in U400, U450, U450 Latino and the Sports Package.

We hope you enjoy the upcoming college football and basketball seasons, and thank you for being a valued U-verse member.

Sincerely,

Your U-verse Team

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

9 years ago

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

9 years ago

No one knows the channel numbers, but I don't see why/how that matters. It makes sense that the old ESPN packages have ended, considering those games were part of the ESPN3 package.

Even if your package doesn't include the channels on TV, you will still get these games on ESPN3, which of course is part of the WatchESPN site.

...first person to complain that the ESPN PPV TV package is no more?

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

9 years ago

I guess that leaves 1625-1629 for the Masters Extra channels. If they moved that "1624: Rent Cop Car Now" advertising channel down just a couple notches, they'd actually have room for the long-missing CBS/ESPN mirror channel, unless they were to replace a ESPN mirror with the CBS mirror late on Friday night.

(And yes, I miss that mirror channel. They haven't had it in a couple years and the last two years, AT&T appeared clueless when I asked about it.)

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

I have to confess, but I'm "clueless" as to what you are talking about.  LOL

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

9 years ago

Looking thru the guide it concerns me that I only see the new channels listed in SD and not listed in the HD listings.  I know there are still 3 days till the launch, but I'm kind of worried.

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

9 years ago

As we are now on "launch-day" there still is no listing of the HD channels in the Guide, as well as not being listed on Titan website, which leads me to believe that these games will be shown in SD only.  As much as I hate to say it, SD is better then watching on my laptop or phone.  I guess the old adage is true, "Beggers can't be choosers".

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

9 years ago

why arent the espn college extra hd channels available

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

Do you subscribe to the Sports Package (and get the non HD on the 614-621 channel range)?

AND

Do you pay a monthly "HD Technlogy Fee" to get HD channels?

-OR- 

Do you subscribe to U-450 (which includes the two above options)?

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

9 years ago

yes to all of those

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.