sandraelise27's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, February 15th, 2016 5:01 PM

Does AT&T U-verse carry the new channel for PBS?

PBS (aka KMVH) switched over to their seconday channel. I can't find the new channel on my ATT U-verse.  It used to be channel 38. How do I find out if U-verse provides the new channel? Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

8 years ago

If the new channel is a sub-channel of the main PBS channel, U-verse will not carry it. U-verse normally does not carry sub-channels.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

@fivespeede wrote:

I found a PBS show on KERA UVerse HD Channel 1013. My Aunt who lives in Atlanta invited me to watch a PBS show and I couldn’t find PBS. I searched for the title of the program and found the program on KERA HD Channel 1013. 

Lemme guess...you live in the Dallas area?  KERA is the LOCAL Dallas PBS station.   Atlanta's PBS station is WPBA, channel 30.  Two different cities...two different affiliates....two different channel numbers.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I'm sorry it's KMBH.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@sandraelise27 wrote:

I'm sorry it's KMBH.

Their Facebook page has this:

New Line up as of Monday 2/15
38-1 Cozy TV
38-2 PBS  No subchannels on Uverse except big 4 Networks
38-3 RTV Musica

Have to assume you're getting Cozy TV on 38 now? Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

Part of the problem, @sandraelise27 is that in the Rio Grande Valley area PBS does not have their own station there.   They were on KMBH 38.1 of a station owned by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Brownsville, managed under an agreement by a third party.  The Wikipedia page for them stated that the station carried most PBS offerings but pre-empted some programming that went against their beliefs. 

Not sure why KMBH moved PBS to a subchannel and as explained above, U-Verse usually does not carry them (but maybe U-Verse might make an exception). I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

I have asked U-Verse management to look into this because I do not know of any market without at least the main PBS network.  In my city, we get two main PBS stations and they could easily carry the Ball State/Muncie station, as well.

EDIT: I heard back (not good news): Since PBS is carried on 38.2, U-Verse most likely will not carry it.  I did find out that the station was sold and is no longer a non-profit.  COZI (and Baywatch) brings in ad $ and PBS does not.  That is why the change.  You could try an antenna.  Their tower looks to be near Dukes Rd and Jim Bowie Rd. South of La Feria.

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/news/local_news/article_c429dc8a-d51b-11e5-b178-e31a5f2297d7.html

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I was looking for a program scheduled to be shown on PBS and was able to locate it by scrolling through the U-verse Guide. It is being shown on KOCE 1050. Hope this helps!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

@yes4yolanda wrote:
I was looking for a program scheduled to be shown on PBS and was able to locate it by scrolling through the U-verse Guide. It is being shown on KOCE 1050. Hope this helps!

Probably not.  Each PBS station is specific to a location or region.  Here in Dallas, our PBS station KERA Dallas/Ft. Worth.  KOCE Channel 1050 is PBS SoCal.  The OP was discussing the PBS station in south Texas and unfortunately it looks like they will not be seeing it on Uverse. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I found a PBS show on KERA UVerse HD Channel 1013. My Aunt who lives in Atlanta invited me to watch a PBS show and I couldn’t find PBS. I searched for the title of the program and found the program on KERA HD Channel 1013. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you. I may have omitted a detail or two but the original question submitter didn't mention where he/she was located. I answered based on my location and the foundation of their question asking if AT&T Uverse still carried PBS. As there was no mention of locality I answered the base question which is yes. Uverse does still carry PBS programming but in my area (Near Dallas) as you mentioned, it's not listed as PBS, rather KERA. I only mentioned Atlanta as a coincidence and as the basis for my original web search. The answer still remains yes. At least in the Dallas footprint.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.