For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Steamer Bill's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 7th, 2013 1:14 AM

Disable Sever Weather Alerts

Is there a way to disable the Severe Weather Alerts I am receiving from Weather on Demand? I find them extremely irritating and annoying.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Putintain  Yeah, it was snowing here in metro Detroit yesterday aft, but it was 39-40° and it was all melting, so you can't go by that.

Now, at least here they are at the volume the TV is at, so pretty quiet on my HD volume setting of 13 on the TV.  One actually hit today when I just deleted a recording after watching it and was on the Recordings screen. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

@Putintain wrote:

I would be okay if a tornado or even very high winds were in the alert... but I keep getting the alert about a freeze warning... dang it, it's snowing outside... I could guess that it was freezing.... It just seems that they are going to far... This is more of an intrusion than a warning.

Hi @Putintain - at least you are getting them for "weather."  The only alerts that I get here in Indianapolis are for the required weekly test.  Not for tornado warnings.  Not for Severe Thunderstorm warnings.  Nothing except for the tests.  Luckilly the weather hasn't been too severe of late, here.....

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

There is NO LAW requiring these alerts. I had Directv for 10 years and NEVER ONCE was I annoyed by any of this crap. It shouldnt be REQUIRED. MY 85 year old grandma was hospitalized with a heart attack because she thought she was in an air raid at 4:40 am. Who do I sue for that? It's going to be ATT!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

This is NOT SOLVED! Some underpaid fool lacking iintelligence telling you to write your Congressman over an issue that DOESN'T exist is not a fix. I am SICK AND TIRED of someone else making decisions for me. I'm 46 and have personal responsibility. I don't miss DIRECTV prices, but I miss EVERYTHING else. I had 4 dvrs and could record 11 shows (5 on my main dvr, 2 on each of the others) & still watch 4 other shows while that happened. I could choose whether or not I wanted to record minutes before or after a show. Uverse FORCES me to do this which often causes my 85 year old grandmother to miss the last minutes of her program because 3 recordings at once, all requiring 1 minute before and 2 minutes after the show, need her tv to do that useless piece of work I don't even want. You can't find other showtimes of a show that is recorded. Directv makes it all so user friendly and accessible but it COSTS!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Jllogan111 wrote:
There is NO LAW requiring these alerts. I had Directv for 10 years and NEVER ONCE was I annoyed by any of this crap. It shouldnt be REQUIRED. MY 85 year old grandma was hospitalized with a heart attack because she thought she was in an air raid at 4:40 am. Who do I sue for that? It's going to be ATT!

The Emergency Alert System is a national public warning system that requires TV and radio broadcasters, cable television systems, wireless cable systems, satellite digital audio radio service providers, direct broadcast satellite service providers and wireline video service providers to offer to the President the communications capability to address the American public during a national emergency. The system also may be used by state and local authorities to deliver important emergency information such as AMBER (missing children) alerts and emergency weather information targeted to a specific area.

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/emergency-alert-system-eas

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.  I hope all is well.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

These alerts scare the $h!t out of my 3 yr old. He yells momma momma and I have to run in and turn it off. This only happens on his tv. The master bedroom nor living room get the alerts.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How do turn off the annoying chime?

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

As consumers, a right to privacy and have the CHOICE to get what we want when we are paying for it, we should be able to turn off this annoying alert! People never missed these alerts before they were introduce to the tv network. [Please keep it courteous]
Jax

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for the reply and support on the Alert Issue. I have switched to DirecTV, no more alerts. I would say that is very interesting since Uverse insisted they are required by LAW.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

ATT needs show its customers where it is against the law!!

It is NOT against the law and ATT is about the only one that claims this and will not give its customers an option!

I am about ready to dump ATT Uverse forever!

jax

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.