Steamer Bill's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 7th, 2013 1:14 AM

Disable Sever Weather Alerts

Is there a way to disable the Severe Weather Alerts I am receiving from Weather on Demand? I find them extremely irritating and annoying.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

I've never had an EAS for a watch, only for warnings.  With that said, it has always been for severe thunderstorm warnings, not just they typical thunderstorms.  I don't remember what the NWS uses to classify it as severe, but I know it involves extreme wind speeds and hail.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

I don't see a solution here.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@jamesteixeira wrote:

I don't see a solution here.

If you are complaining that the community accepted solution does not apply, you would be wrong.  @texasguy37 gave what is "the best answer:"

You can't disable EAS alerts with ANY TV provider.  The alerts are mandated by the government.  I suggest that you write your congressman.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Government mandated alert is yet one more intrusive feature of big government. If this is so important, let's just blank out the channel and show just the alert. Better yet, why not implant a government alert interface in our brain. Yes, I'm being trollish and absurd, but I think those alerts are not worth the trouble considering the number of people that are not affected. 

Mentor

• 

73 Messages

9 years ago

It's not the fact I get alerted about severe weather (I've never got alerted about severe weather)

Mentor

• 

73 Messages

9 years ago

As I was saying. I understand being warned over severe weather even though in about 3 years of using uverse I've yet to be.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

@klepp0906 wrote:
It's not the fact I get alerted about severe weather (I've never got alerted about severe weather)

Either hit the "Exit" button or the "Mute" button as quickly as possible. 

I consider it a challenge.

Mentor

• 

73 Messages

9 years ago

Okay.... So you can't edit your post AND you can't use return to skip down a line. Awesome!! Incoming run-on paragraph. Let me try one last time, third is the charm right? SO I don't get severe weather warnings, atleast not yet (in 3-4 years) what I DO get is severe weather warning TESTS with alarming frequency and volume!!! Test your shut in house, not on everyone else's tv!!! It's annoying, it scares me every time, (currently have a migraine and almost dropped the remote) and worst of all I have a 3 day old 4500 dollar tv and I wouldn't doubt this just blew my speakers at HALF volume which is fine for regular tv watching. Disable the tests or give us a way to do so. Ridiculous. If my speakers are blown I'll be in touch.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@klepp0906 wrote:
Okay.... So you can't edit your post AND you can't use return to skip down a line. Awesome!! Incoming run-on paragraph. Let me try one last time, third is the charm right? SO I don't get severe weather warnings, atleast not yet (in 3-4 years) what I DO get is severe weather warning TESTS with alarming frequency and volume!!! Test your shut in house, not on everyone else's tv!!! It's annoying, it scares me every time, (currently have a migraine and almost dropped the remote) and worst of all I have a 3 day old 4500 dollar tv and I wouldn't doubt this just blew my speakers at HALF volume which is fine for regular tv watching. Disable the tests or give us a way to do so. Ridiculous. If my speakers are blown I'll be in touch.

Don't know what problem you have, but I'll hit Enter 2 times to go 2 spaces down.

Just like this, it works.

Turn your volume down, they are not that loud it'll blow out your speakers, at least here in metro Detroit. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Not only is the Test annoying.   Bad part is when there actually is an Weather Alert for our area, there is no warning on Uverse.   Pretty sad, like crying wolf except when the wolf is at the door.  We have had several alerts in the last 3 days here, and not one alert on the TV.    Local stations just beep and post the alert at the bottom of the screen, and I have never seen them test their alerts.  ??????    

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.