clmoore3rd's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Monday, January 9th, 2012 3:48 AM

Default to Favorites when pressing Guide button?

Is there a way to default to the user Favorites when pressing the Guide button instead of showing the gazillion channels in the lineup?

The Enter(Zoom) button is a good shortcut alternative to pressing the Menu button and then browsing to the Favorites, but the browser to go to whichever was last selected and used.  If I can't make it default to the Favorites then it should at least go to the Favorites if that is what I used last so the next time I press the Guide button it should go to the Favorites.

Maybe the Hide Channels is another way to do this, but then I have to go through the gazillion channels in the lineup (which lists everything, not just my subscription channels) and click to remove them.  So in essence through Hide Channels the Guide mirrors my Favorites?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just replaced my DirecTV service with AT&T Uverse and I must say that the "favorites" on Uverse really suck! Why go through all the trouble of setting up favorite channels if you still have to flip through all of your subscribed channels? With DirecTV I set my favorite channels and just selected the up/down channel button on my remote and it only flows through the channels that I have set as favorites. The "favorites" in Uverse only works when you call up the guide. Who wants to have to call up the guide when you just want to channel surf? How difficult can it be AT&T to set favorites and only have to surf through your actual favorite channels?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Based on the number of views in this thread I guess I am not the only one wanting easier acess to my favorites! The enter/zoom thing doesn't do anything but let me put a check mark by it. Making a favorites called all channels and then hiding the channels on the main guide would be an option EXCEPT there is NO option to SELECT ALL channels! I have to check each box individually (as previously mentioned including channels not in my programming!) Wow! Unused buttons that can't be programmed ? ( a, b and c ) and also have no function? Not efficient. Maybe all 5000 viewers need to complain!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

cwren - The zoom button access has been broken for over a year. When it worked, it really was not much better than MENU access =

MENU
Down arrow, Down Arrow
OK

You get used to it

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

I do not consider the anthing I have read here as a solution to the absolulty horrid support ATT Uverse has for accessing the favirtes in your guide.

On Dish hit guide twice and you select which list you want the guide to show - any one of my favorites I set up, all channels I GET, all HD channels I GET or all channels. There after the guide brings p the guide in whatever format I had it in last, and if I want to change it I just click guide again - no need to go rummaging around in setting menu with several clicks.

Another neat Dish feature which I don't know if U-Verse does or not is that when you have a free weekend preview of HBO etcetera, the channels automatically pop up in the guides while they are active and automatically disappeared when the free weekend is over.

Come on AT&T - you are letting the software and features of your U-Verse box get out dated and obsolute.  Evidently NOdevelopment is being done here.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

How and why this post is marked "Solved" is a msytery I won't attempt to "solve"...

Regardless of whether anyone actuaIly watches them or not, ATT itself touts that the top tier has 450 channels (U450). Given this, it is downright unfathomable why there isnt a one-button method to activate Favorites. And while I am fantasizing that a corporate behemoth will bother to deliver on actual customers' needs, here's how I wish it would work: 

1. Allow the Favorites lists to be set up online or through the mobile app
  2. One-button to move through all my Favorites lists with successive pushes of the button
  3. Currently selected Favorites list applies in all areas of operation: guide, channel-surfing, etc

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

It is marked as solved as this is the best answer possible given the current state of the software.  The best way, in the current software, to have a list of your favorite channels is to hide the ones you don't want from the guide.

Summary: Should there be easier access to favorites?  Absolutely.  Is there?  No.  What can a subscriber do now?  Hide channels.

There has been some speculation that the sale of the underlying technology platform (Mediaroom) from Microsoft to Ericcson may mean some better UI on these boxes.  However, I'm a little worried that the millions of old boxes AT&T has deployed may not have the horsepower to run the new se xy interface.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Just switched over from Time Warner.   I'm very impressed with U-verse, but I'm not a fan of this Favorites process.   There was a single "favorites" button on the TW remote for scrolling through selected channels; adding & deleting was also a user friendlly process.   Selecting favorites didn't block or hide other channels. They were still accessable using guide and/or channel up/down. 

Perhaps this was an intentional decision at U-verse to give less popular channels more exposure.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

downtime... You can type the channel number into the list where you click to hide/unhide. As of this moment, you cannot hide 423/1423, but those are gone in the next 24-36 hours.

Hit the enter key at the bottom right of the remote to easily access favorites.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Like you, I think AT&T could provide a better method to reach the Favorites easier. I set up my own set of Favorite channels to include everything in my subscribed package, to save me scrolling through all 2,000 channels that are listed. It is still cumbersome to go to menu, favorites, "My Listing", but it beats having to scroll through everything. As an aside, I also set up a second favorites list for My Multiview, as it will only list 50 channels or so, and my package has more than that...so if selected for Multiview, it only shows the first 50?!@?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Not having a "favored" method of presenting the favorite guide is strike one.

Applying the same list to the favorites guide and my multiview is strikes two and three. It is always a mistake to apply one key to two different processes. It is only a matter of time before there is a conflict within the two. My multiview is unmanageable beyond three channels.

Maybe I just want different channels in the MY multiview than on the favorites guide.

If they are going to allow more than one screen full of channels, it should have the ability to allow the customer to set the order of the channels.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.