DBYDBY's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, June 7th, 2018 7:51 AM

Connect the Uverse App to your TV

Hi, I have connected my laptop to the main receiver for UVERSE TV via the HDMI ports.  What do I have to do next.  Since I have a Windows 10 operating system there doesn't seem to be any app I can download on the dell laptop.  Any advice on how to initiate the UVERSE TV connection?  Much appreciated.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Hi my Name Dolma ***, I have appointment U-verse tech. But tech person keep going at wrong address. this third time happen what sould I do? Tech person Keep going at 2306 wrong address. my new address is *** Oakland Ca, 94612 could you help me. 

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Go to the nearest ATT retail store.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My 5268 AC FXN modem requires constant re-booting sometimes 2 -3 times /wk /Any ideas why ?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

How do I connect the u-verse app to my TV?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

@grammacal  See post #5 above.  The Uverse app for TV is available on Amazon Fire TV.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 years ago

@DBYDBY

I'm now realizing you're trying to use your Uverse receiver to drive a PC laptop.  You're thinking seems to be since both boxes have an HDMI port, it should work. Doesn't work that way as the port on both are outputs. 

If you have a PC monitor with an HDMI connection, you can use the Uverse receiver to drive it.  Uverse just does not support PC or Mac as a display vehicle .

your energy is better spent creating a list of bookmarks on your Windows 10 machine and login with your Uverse credentials to watch programming. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for this clarification!

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 years ago

You’re welcome. Not sure what I was thinking when I replied earlier in the thread. In rereading your original post, completely missed what you were trying to do. Sometimes helps to come back at it with a clear mind. 

Also about your Bluestacks question, ability to stream on PC wouldn’t use the U-verse receiver in any case.  The app would work standalone same as if you were using a smartphone or tablet. My fear is the server is somehow detecting an incorrect device or otherwise blocking streams in certain cases. I may attempt another install as an experiment, but the overhead to run it outweighs the benefits it would seem. 

Whenever I stream video on my $100 Fire HD 10 tablet, more likely than not I’m using the native app of the broadcaster. This is always true for sports, news, and TCM. TCM in particular is a great example. If you like to watch quality classic movies, their on demand library is fantastic and what is offered is only available via the app. On the PC side, same content available via website. This is especially handy if using a 2in1 convertible laptop IMHO.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.