DBYDBY's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, June 7th, 2018 7:51 AM

Connect the Uverse App to your TV

Hi, I have connected my laptop to the main receiver for UVERSE TV via the HDMI ports.  What do I have to do next.  Since I have a Windows 10 operating system there doesn't seem to be any app I can download on the dell laptop.  Any advice on how to initiate the UVERSE TV connection?  Much appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

First off...I fixed the title to this thread to reflect a question about the Uverse app....NOT the DirecTV app.

If I am understanding right, you want to stream shows from the app to your TV.  The Uverse app is available for mobile devices and only for Apple, Android and Amazon.  There is no Windows (re: Microsoft) version.  From the website:

Download the app to a compatible device

Get the free U-verse app from the App Store, Google Play, or the Amazon app store. The app is compatible with:
  • iPhone®, iPad®, or iTouch® (iOS 9.3 and above)
  • Apple Watch®
  • Android® smartphones and tablets (OS 4.1 and above)
  • Android wearables (Android Wear OS)
  • Amazon Fire TV devices

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

DirecTV and Uverse are two different animals.  Which do you have?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Uverse TV

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Dell Laptop to use as a w ay to view my Uverse TV receiver, via HDMI

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

One community member suggested that I install Bluestacks on my Windows 10 OS, then download Uverse TV app into that.  I have been unable to program the Uverse app which is now considered an Android OS (I read), to find my Uverse Receiver. Thus, I haven't been able to view any programs.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

Yes, someone posted awhile back that you can convert the UV app into a Windows compatible app using a 3rd party emulator.  I believe some have had luck with that but others have not. 

Bottom line.... like it or not, the Uverse app was designed for specific mobile devices.  Any manipulation is iffy at best.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Appreciate your clarification and assistance. I reviewed the community forum and one suggestions is to install BlueStacks inorder to enable the used of an Android app within it. I did this and downloaded the Uverse TV app from the Android store. I have been unable to view programs because I cannot connect to my receiver through this, nor through the HDMI port.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Used BlueStacks and was able to download the Android format.  Unable to connect to my reciever either through the internet/app or HDMI still. 😞

ACE - Professor

• 

5.2K Messages

6 years ago

@DBYDBY

Does the app running in the Android emulator stream any content? Last time I tried it, only some channels would stream.

The idea of using a laptop to act as a set-top box is clever. However there could be pesky things that get in your way such HDCP if using an HDMI connection.

You might be better off just downloading apps for the channels you're interested in, use your Uverse credentials and stream that way. The HDCP issue may still be present.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

hi my name is dolma *** I have appointment with u verse tech but tech keep going on wrong address, this third time happen. billing say something  I have been spoked with 15 agency on phone. Today I waited until 2pm. tech suppose come at 11am to 1pm. could you please help me what should I do this point?

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.