Fosterworx's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Sunday, December 4th, 2016 3:02 AM

Closed captioning in Spanish

Closed captioning showing up in Spanish on SyFy channel and not at all on some other channels.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

You might want to do a whole house reboot.  Unplug all boxes including the DVR.  Then unplug the gateway.  Plug the gateway back in.  Wait for it to come all the way up.  Then plug in the DVR.  Once it is operational plug the rest of the other boxes back in.  See if that changes the behavior your seeing.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

231.2K Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

The other option is to disable digital closed captioning and use regular closed captioning. You can do so by going into the menu settings of your receiver.

-ATTU-verseCare

Community Support

• 

231.2K Messages

7 years ago

Hi Fosterworx,

You may need to change the options in the Menu. If that does not work, let us know.

-ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

All of the option settings have been checked and rechecked. That was the first thing I did.  I have two Cisco IPN4320 receivers. Both were working fine until recently. The one in trouble shows closed captioning on almost none of my channels. On some channels it may flash captioning once and then nothing.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

I did the whole house reboot. Everything worked okay for a while. Only one receiver is still showing SyFy channel in Spanish and very few captioning on other channels. The other receiver works fine on all the channels that offer closed caption, including SyFy in English.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

That worked. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the post, it solved my HBO in Spanish problem

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.