BentleyS's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, September 10th, 2016 8:29 PM

Closed Caption Troubles

Within the last two weeks my closed caption is showing up in the middle of the screen blocking the picture.  How do I get it to return to the bottom of the screen?  I have to turn it off when someone else is watching TV with me because they cannot see the picture but then I miss all the dialogue. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

@BentleyS  I could not find an option to change the location of the CC but you could try re-setting to default:

Menu (button on remote)>Options>Closed Captions  

Most likely you're using Digital Closed captioning.  Go to each option and choose "default".  See if that will return the CC boxes to the lower half of your screen.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

There is NO option for default. I selected automatic, hoping this is "default" but the captions still are right across people's faces.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

More and more programs are NOT displaying CC closed captions) - the CC is turned on but nothing is displayer.  YES -I have reset the DVR.

This is happening with more and more programs - latest Top Chef - the CC works on the computer NOT on the DVR to TV

Any real fixes, not the usual "reset answer that seldom works for anything"

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

A light square extends beyond the closed-caption square.  How do I get rid of it.  It is not the area that actually holds the captions.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

HOW TO PAUSE CLOSED CAPTION TO REREAD THE PHRASE

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

why when i hit paused close caption disappears

Michael

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

7 years ago

That's how it works.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.