KSPilot's profile

Mentor

• 

48 Messages

Saturday, January 18th, 2014 10:32 PM

Cleaning up the channel guide

We have the U200 package with HD.

Is there a way to clean up the guide so it only shows our available channels?

We are new customers so we do spend a lot of time scrolling through the hundreds of channels we don't get, trying to find the channels we do.  I know, we do have a paper channel guide, but still...

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

Yes.  Press the menu key, scroll over to Options, then Channel Options, and select Hide Channels.  Uncheck the boxes by the channels you don't want to see and click Save.

The icon in the lower left hand corner as you scroll through will indicate whether you have the channel or not (it'll normally show live picture of that channel if you have it, a picture of a TV with an exclamation point if you're not subscribed).  You can use the channel up and down buttons to advance by a page, or up and down to go one channel.  You can also key in a channel number to jump there.

You have to do this on each TV independantly. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

If you need to delete one particular channel, you can type the number when you're on that page. 

This is a vast improvement from awhile back when you had to scroll through all the channels to get to a channel.

Mentor

• 

48 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks.

I'll give it a try after a while.

Mentor

• 

48 Messages

10 years ago

Just tried it.  Ugh...gonna take a while.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

KSPilot - Are you familiar with the saying "pay me now or pay me later"?

The hide channels is pay me now. So, that you have the efficient use of the guide button for ongoing watching.

There are two "pay me later" methods with little or no upfront work.

The "no work" version is channel shortcuts - To view U200 guide - Menu - 4 down arrows - OK - 3 right arrows - 2 down arrows - OK ( lots of payment later)

The favorites guide is built by clicking Enter ( bottom right ) while watching a channel then click add channel. (advamtages include - need to do few channel, no channels are added that you do not want, full guide is available for free previews)

To access the favorites guide - Menu 2 down arrows - OK ( Viewing the favorites guide via the enter button has been broken for about a year)

Mentor

• 

48 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks.

The U200 guide is great, but does require a number of button presses.

Somehow, I'll complete the "Hide Channels" function and have a clean one-button guide.  I'll probably finish just in time for new channels to be added/removed/moved and have to go through it again.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

Channels Added/Moved can be a problem, but if it's only one, now you can key in the channel number, go straight to it and remove the check.  It wasn't so easy before.

Removed channels are gone and don't have to be hidden.  Smiley Wink

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

Keep in mind that if AT&T does a free preview of the channel, such as the HD one from last weekend or an HBO preview, you'll have to unblock the appropriate channels. (Yes, you can just punch in the channel numbers on the list for direct access.)

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

Fine...that shows how to create favorites on the TV. How do you get rid of the mess on the PC channel guide? There is no way to create a favorites list. and there is too much to scroll through.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.