baseballisback's profile
ACE - Professor

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

Wednesday, September 20th, 2017 1:34 AM

Channel Negotiations for September 2017

These are typically updated on the third Tuesday of every month at programmingchanges.att.com

Notice Appearing in USA Today on September 19, 2017

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on U-verse TV service periodically expire, or may be terminated, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Additionally, from time to time it is necessary to change channel line-ups as well as television package contents. The programming changes set forth below may occur as follows:

September 2017:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after September 2017: MGM HD (channel 1116 in HD).

As well as the following local channels: 1) In Alabama, in the Birmingham area, WBRC (channel 6 and 1006 in HD); in the Huntsville area, WAFF (channel 48 and 1048 in HD); and in the Montgomery area, WSFA (channel 12 and 1012); 2) In Florida, in the Panama City area, WPGX (channel 28 and 1028 in HD); and in the West Palm Beach area, WFLX (channel 29 and 1029 in HD); 3) In Georgia, in the Augusta area, WFXG (channel 11 and 1011 in HD); in the Columbus area, WVTM (channel 9 and 1009 in HD), WXTX (channel 54 and 1054 in HD), and WSFA (channel 12 and 1012 in HD); 4) In Indiana, in the Indianapolis area, WALV (channel 50) and WTHR (channel 13 and 1013 in HD); 5) In Kentucky, in the Louisville area, WAVE (channel 3 and 1003); 6) In Louisiana, in the Baton Rouge area, WAFB (channel 9 and 1009 in HD) and WBHX (channel 39 and 1039 in HD); in the New Orleans area, WVUE (channel 8 and 1008 in HD); and in the Shreveport area, KSLA (channel 17 and 1017 in HD); 7) In Mississippi, in the Biloxi area, WLOX (channel 13 and 1013 in HD) and WLOXD2 (channel 3 and 1003 in HD); and in the Jackson area WDBD (channel 40 and 1040 in HD) and WLBT (channel 3 and 1003 in HD); 😎 In North Carolina, in the Charlotte area, WBTV (channel 3 and 1003 in HD); in the Raleigh-Durham area, WRAZ (channel 50 and 1050 in HD) and WRAL (channel 5 and 1005 in HD); and in the Wilmington area, WSFX (channel 26 and 1026 in HD), WILMLD (channel 10 and 1010 in HD), and WECT (channel 6 and 1006 in HD); 9) In Ohio, in the Columbus area, WBNS (channel 10 and 1010 in HD). 10) In South Carolina, in the Charleston area, WCSC (channel 5 and 1005 in HD); 11) In Tennessee, in the Knoxville area, WTNZ (channel 43 and 1043 in HD); and in the Memphis area, WMC (channel 5 and 1005 in HD); 12) In Texas, in the Lubbock area, KCBD (channel 11 and 1011 in HD); and in the Odessa-Midland area, KWES (channel 9 and 1009 in HD) and KTLELP (channel 20). Effective September 9, Sprout (channel 337 and 1337 in HD) is rebranded to Universal Kids; Effective around September 25, Centric (channel 515) will rebrand to BET Her.

October 2017:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after October 2017: BYUtv HD (channel 1567); MBC America (channel 3643); Saigon Broadcasting Television Network (channel 3662); SHOP LC (channel 399 and 1399 in HD); The Filipino Channel (channel 3682); and TV Asia (channel 3703).

As well as the following local channel, which will be available at least until October 20: PXTV (channel 3122)

November 2017:

AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after November 2017: Hallmark Channel (channel 365 and 1365 in HD), Hallmark Movies & Mysteries (channel 366 and 1366 in HD), and Viva TV Plus (3690 SD).

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

6 years ago

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to thank you all for your feedback! Here is some more useful information on this topic:

Things To Know From AT&T Regarding Channel Negotiations

- Fighting for you portal

Thanks again!

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

It is maddening that we have lost the ability to watch some of our favorite shows, because AT*T Uverse and WTHR-NBC are having a dispute. Why isn't our bill lowered when we lose benefits we expect from Uverse?

The Blacklist, Sunday Night Football, and Lester Holt on NBC Nightly News are programs we cherish, but cannot see.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

When will we be able to get NBC again in Carmel,in.?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

It is regrettable that negotiations sometimes go unexpectedly. For customers such as myself, I would request:

1. AT&T take steps to replace the lost network(s) with feeds from other markets in the interim. Several years ago there was a national feed for each of major networks which was supplied in the case there was no local affiliate.

2.If #1 is not practical, then AT&T should take steps to adjust UVerse TV bills to reflect the network(s) not provided under contract to the customer.

3. In any case, AT&T should implement a means to notify customers on the ongoing status of the outage.

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 years ago

Hallmark again? That will set the ladies off

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

It is EXTREMELY frustrating that I pay what I do for Directv and you have taken this long to get NBC back. I have missed every Sunday night football game (can't even get it on the NFL ticket which promotes EVERY game). I have missed many season premiere as well. Today is really stupid since my local team is playing tonight and because I chose Directv over Xfinity, I can't watch it. Fix this issue or I'm cancelling my service. I was promised ALL local channels when I signed up

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

When are WRAL and WRAZ Local FOX and CBS affiliates in Raleigh NC coming back.   They've been blacked out for over two weeks now.

This is ridiculous, I will be cancelling u-Verse.     Don't bother telling me about contract negotiations, I'm not paying for TV service that can't offer basic channels.    I would gladly cancel at least a hundred or so other channels I never use.

ACE - Expert

• 

31.9K Messages

6 years ago

NFL Sunday Ticket in general has all the games, but per agreements with the teams and local affiliates, can only provide out of market games. Local affiliate denying Directv their feed, just not change that it is an in market game for you.

Directv like all tv providers have in their terms that channels are subject to change. There is never a guarantee that you will have every local possible. They can only provide you locals that are in your Designated Market Area (DMA) per Federal regulations, only when they have permission to do so. Channel stops its feed to Directv, goes out business, or realigns with other channels that are all under the channel owner are situations that can happen.

These situations arise from local affiliates wanting more and more money for their free over-the-air (OTA) broadcast. As costs go up it threatens to raise our (the customer) bills. I say let Directv work on keeping costs from going up further and just plug in a antenna to get the broadcast free. You may even get other channels Directv doesn't have permission for, sub-channels they don't get, or locals from a neighboring DMA that Directv would not be allowed to give you.

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

6 years ago

For the people threatening to switch to providers like Xfinity the same disputes happen with them too.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Cut the BULL and get back NBC ( a major channel) or lose my money to another (Spectrum) company in my area. Then YOU won't be an ATT employee if we  ALL change to another company! You will be gone ( like NBC) due to money issues.  As the movie "NETWORK" ironically stated "WE'RE MAD ***** AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!" 

EVERYONE NEEDS TO CHECK OUT OTHER PROVIDERS IN THEIR AREA AND SAY GOODBYE TO ATT!!!!!

[word filter avoidance]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.