jf8130's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, December 15th, 2018 3:08 PM

Channel Guide Information

Is there a way to determine if a show is a repeat without watching the first few minutes - had comcast previously and the channel guide would indicate this information

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

Not on the channel guide grid.  Many shows have a date on the info page.  That info would help determine if it's new or a repeat.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks - got it

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

There is one exception to this rule as it turns out.  It's the Science channel (1[258]).  For many of it's long running shows it doesn't show the previous air date and you watch those series as scheduled series record they will be schedule even though they are old episodes of those series.  This has been a pain in the butt for years because I do look at those series.  Those shows are not corrected until around the Saturday before the week they are scheduled to be recorded.  It makes reviewing the schedule of what you want to record useless in the following week because the recording schedule is flooded with these repeats.

Examples of this are How It's Made, What On Earth, How the Universe Works, and others. I think it's partly the Sci channels fault because you can see this same problem on TitanTV.com (look starting with next Saturday now).  I say partly the Sci channel's fault because it's also uverse's fault for considering a program as "new" when no previous air date is supplied by the grid provider.  Normally a new program is supplied with that information.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.